If a non-JW receives a pamphlet from a JW, then tosses it in the trash bin after reading it, he has rejected "The Truth" and will be destroyed at Armageddon.

by Calebs Airplane 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** How many here have heard such utter stupidity*****

My observation is that the WTBTS literature is honored as an IDOL, such like I did as a RC with religious statutes and relics. My biggest eye opener was when a "born in" mature JW told me she used the watchtower magazines under doors of places she stayed in, like hotel rooms to keep evil spirits away This was like a light bulb turning on in my head, get away from these people !

Shalom

• blondie
    blondie

righthearted people given an opportunity--an individual witness? Not according to the WTS.

*** w10 9/15 pp. 9-10 pars. 11-12 Earnestly Seek Jehovah’s Blessing ***

For example, we do not know exactly when that day will come, but we know it is near. We believe God’s Word when it says that by giving a thorough witness in the short time that remains, we will save both ourselves and those who listen to us.—1 Tim. 4:16.

12 We recognize that the end could come at any time; Jehovah’s timing is not contingent on our giving a personal witness to every individual on the planet. (Matt. 10:23)

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 17 “Keep on the Watch” ***Today, that prophecy is in the course of fulfillment on an unprecedented scale. True, untouched territories still exist, and it may be that in Jehovah’s due time, a large door leading to greater activity will open. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness. Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.

*** w97 8/15 p. 14 par. 11 Living for Today or for an Eternal Future? ***True, untouched territories still exist, and perhaps in Jehovah’s due time, a door of opportunity will open. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Still, Jesus’ words recorded at Matthew 10:23 are sobering: “You will by no means complete the circuit of the cities of Israel until the Son of man arrives.” While the good news will surely be announced throughout the earth, we will not in person reach all parts of the earth with the Kingdom message before Jesus “arrives” as Executioner.

*** w76 6/1 pp. 345-346 par. 10 Look Forward with Confidence in God’s Righteousness and Justice ***Since we are assured that our all-powerful and righteous God will decide when the preaching is done to the extent he purposes, we can with singleness of mind concentrate on what we have to do. He has not told us to determine when sufficient preaching has been done, but has told us to keep on declaring the good news. Lives are involved.

*** w62 2/1 p. 96 Questions From Readers ***Accordingly, by means of his instructions to his twelve apostles Jesus was prophetically telling us today that his anointed disciples or the remnant of spiritual Israel would not complete the circuit of the entire inhabited earth with the preaching of the message of God’s established kingdom before the glorified heavenly King Jesus Christ would arrive as Jehovah’s executional officer in the battle of Armageddon. This means that Jehovah’s witnesses today, who now include hundreds of thousands of the “other sheep” or earthly companions of the spiritual remnant, will not be able to reach personally all parts of the earth with the Kingdom message before the battle of Armageddon breaks out.

(or community responsibility by supporting governments or religious organizations)

-----------

*** w65 9/15 p. 575 Questions From Readers ***

Since millions of persons in China and other places have never heard the Kingdom message, will these people be preserved through the destruction of Babylon the Great and the war of Armageddon, or perhaps be resurrected later?—H.S., U.S.A.

So, if it is Jehovah’s will to have this message personally carried to the millions on earth who seemingly have not yet heard it, that will be accomplished. If he chooses, he could see to it that this message is spread in ways that we cannot yet imagine. Jesus did foretell that “this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matt. 24:14) We can rest assured that God will see that the preaching work is done to his satisfaction. After that “the end” comes.

• compound complex
    compound complex

A real scenario:

Brother Badly-attired-no-speak-good-English hands a dumbfounded householder Awake! and shouts, "You read, is good!"

Shortly thereafter, a pioneer sister, on Brother BANSGE's behalf, relates before a teary Circuit Assembly audience how the humble little brother's sincere efforts have brought many spiritually hungering individuals into The Truth. Former dumbfounded householder simultaneously beams and sobs unashamedly on stage -- he, along with seven other of Brother Bansge's letters of recommendation, are to be baptized this morning!

Been there.

CoCo

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This view creates a problem.

Given the poorly written and researched literature is so bombastic and full of illogical assertions and is self contradictory, most sane people would toss it out after a brief examination. Then the blood guilt would have to go back to the writers of this rubbish, with a certain percentage to those who willfully distribute it.

Really, it is the householders who accept the literature and do the head bobble thing who are damned.

Watchtower literature dooms people

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

WT April Kool Aid 2010

Today, some may be inclined to speculate about matters regarding Jehovah’s future judgments, such as who exactly will survive Armageddon or who will receive a resurrection. Rather than allowing such thoughts to disturb us, we can recall Abraham’s question. Knowing Jehovah as a benevolent heavenly Father and having complete confidence in his justice and mercy, as Abraham did, prevents us from wasting time and energy on unnecessary worry, weakening doubt, and useless debate.

In other words STFU, but yes, the OP was the doctrine of the sheep and the goats as far back as I remember. Try and find an article that refutes it. You can probably find a few for window dressing that pussyfoot around the subject, but if you look carefully at the grammar they just use weasel words to avoid stating their true teaching.

QFR May 1, 1951

Some maintain that at Armageddon there will be three classes: sheep that survive, goats that are eternally destroyed, and uninformed or unresponsible ones who will die but will be resurrected, and that in this latter class will be young children. Is this correct?-L. P., Montana.

We know of no Scriptural backing for such a view. The parable of the sheep and goats shows the nations being separated into two classes, not three. The goats headed for everlasting cutting-off are not just those who persecuted Christ’s brothers. The parable upbraids the goats, not for what they did, but for what they failed to do, for their indifference toward and lack of interest in his brothers.—Matt. 25:45.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Given the poorly written and researched literature is so bombastic and full of illogical assertions and is self contradictory, most sane people would toss it out after a brief examination. Then the blood guilt would have to go back to the writers of this rubbish, with a certain percentage to those who willfully distribute it.

Wish I had thought of that!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The parable of the sheep and goats shows the nations being separated into two classes, not three.

Upper class sheep and lower class sheep still makes 3 classes in my book

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Hi guys, I'm a newbie fading witness here...anyway

Yes, I did grow up listening to this utter rubbish. It's funny that a CO once pointed out that Jesus often quoted from the scritpures so we could do the same if opening the bible made people log off. Now thinking about that Jesus (1) not only performed miracles but also resurrected the dead, thus giving indisputable proof that he had God's approval, and (2) quoted from the scriptures, individuals including his opponents rejected him on the basis of what they heard since he spent the day teaching in the temple, not because they threw away some leaflet.

The WT likes to reflect the black and white thinking sometimes found in the OT, I thought the stoning had been abolished thousands of years ago. The truth is not black and white.

My fellow brothers and sisters who still try to 'help' me go back to the meetings try to use that kind of thinking, well, "stop judging that you may not be judged" and "Jesus is the judge not us" usually do the trick.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Opps, I threw away a ton of WBTS stuff!!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Given that I sent most of my old literal-trash to the recycling I'm not 'ruining the earth'(TM). Not like the WBT$ paedo protection racket that is beyond wasteful.

Oh well. Jehovah(TM) is a psychotic twat so I'll never win. Jehovah(TM) prefers to molly coddle paedophiles than protect the innocent!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit