JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII

by cedars 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

New Star |Wars movie on the way...best news of the week.

New Star Trek movie? When? keep'em coming, I say.

Now, imagine this, people...Open your minds...feel the force...what would be the outcome of Star Wars meets Star Trek meets Dr Who?

Vader meets Kirk...or Jean Luc...meets the Doctor?

Surely someone nifty with the artwork can produce something here?

• cedars
    cedars

Chariklo

Now, imagine this, people...Open your minds...feel the force...what would be the outcome of Star Wars meets Star Trek meets Dr Who?

My proposed script for such a movie would culminate in the Tardis succumbing to a joint attack by the Enterprise and the Death Star!

Cedars

• Sulla
    Sulla

Looking back on the first one -- Episode IV, I guess -- it seems to me that it really wasn't actually very good. And, on top of that, you have all the criminal acts of the subsequent movies: the Ewoks, Episodes I, II, and III, Vader's infamous, "Nooooooo!", absurd political pretensions, etc.

Carried Fisher in a bikini helps, for sure; but that's a really high price to pay. Maybe JJ can work some magic.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Probably, yes, Cedars, though that Tardis is very clver at slipping out of tight corners, and is the only vehicle that also seems to be able to think for iself at times!

Cedars, btw, did you get the email I sent you a few days ago?

• cedars
    cedars

Chariklo

Cedars, btw, did you get the email I sent you a few days ago?

I don't recall any email, but I am behind with replying to a few. Can you try sending it again?

that Tardis is very clver at slipping out of tight corners,

Not unlike the Watchtower in that regard!

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Apparently we are also due to get some "stand-alone" movies independent of the Star Wars saga that will focus on individual characters in the Star Wars universe...

http://news.sky.com/story/1048272/the-force-is-with-new-star-wars-movies

I would like to see a film showing Lando Calrisian's exploits with the Millenium Falcon before it was handed over to Han Solo.

Mind you, with the production of the "stand-alones" due to commence around the same time as the next trilogy, isn't there are risk of "overkill" for the franchise?

Cedars

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Mind you, with the production of the "stand-alones" due to commence around the same time as the next trilogy, isn't there are risk of "overkill" for the franchise?

[In Christopher Walken voice:] "Shame on you. One can never have enough Star Wars. If there's a meaning to my life, that's the meaning."

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

But seriously, the thing is, for 22 years, all there was to this series was 3 movies and maybe a couple of cartoons. Now there's only 6 movies, and a cartoon show. Compare that to Star Trek, for instance, which has had 11 movies and 5 TV shows, and that's actually not that much, spread out over 36 years. Neither of those includes the best-selling novels that both series have done. The fact that Star Wars novels consistently still make the best-sellers' list, and the Star Wars cartoon has had good ratings, there's clearly still an interest that probably won't die off unless the movies really suck, and I mean suck really, really badly. The fans are still going to be fans, and lots of 'em. Bringing it back will most certainly be welcome to this little doormat.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit