Visited Beth Sarim today

by exwhyzee 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Ding
    Ding

Do Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob live there now?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

That's really cool that you got to see Beth Sarim! I have a copy of the original title deed, but have never seen the home in person. I'd love to have the permission to explore the grounds to see if there are any old bones lying around and to see Rutherfraud's unfinished burial crypt.

Here's a link you may find interesting:

http://www.seanet.com/~raines/crypt.html

Take care!!!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Thanks for the link Ohio...yet another bit of information I didn't know about. This stuff matters to me because had I known about it,I'd have known not to take any thing JW's predicted or interpreted, as seriously as I did.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done to you Exwhyzee for standing by your sis in law through the years.

Loz x

• whathappened
    whathappened

Best wishes for your family. Glad you are enlightened and free of the cult.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Oh yeah. I remember my first visit.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, May 18th was my big day. I decided to go to Beth Sarim, home of the Princes and Ancient Worthies.

So I loaded up the truck and rolled out, wondering what do you do when you meet someone so ancient that the Roman empire was a mere twinkling in Jehovah's eye.

I rolled in to the Kensington area of San Diego. It is right off the 15, Adams Avenue exit. The neighborhood has houses that are older, I suspect from one of the mid century housing booms. The streets are lined with palm trees and it is park like with the landscaping.

Rolling north on Marlborough, I make a right on Hilldale, and another right on Braeburn. My heart starts pounding. Is Jehovah watching this?

I have my camera ready and as the street takes a right bend the Beth Sarim Estate looms on the left. It is surrounded by trees and a large lawn. It looks so peaceful, like a great place for very ancient people to relax and enjoy a shady rest from the toils of a life lived thousands of years ago.

No one stirs. Windows are open though no one appears and no one is heard. It is a little spooky, although there is a sign on the lawn announcing the house is protected by a security agency. I have a feeling that I am being watched as I take some photographs of this monumental house of the Princes.

Enough anticipation, on with the photos...

Beth Sarim

This is the money shot for this location, as you may have seen it before.

beth sarim

That veranda has a western view. I picture Abraham and David sitting there watching a sunset and drinking Ancient Worthy punch.

Beth Sarim

Nice view in back for watching the sunrise and viewing down into the canyon. I wonder if Isaiah lounges naked back there.

Beth Sarim

I plan on printing this photo, so I can wear that shark shirt to the KH, assembly or convention and then show the photo to anyone I meet, demonstrating my Ancient Worthy Beth Sarim cred. I noticed the basketball hoop. If I showed up at the right time I might catch Solomon, Ezekiel, Job and Micah in a pick up game.

• Scott77
    Scott77

exwhyzee,

Thanks for sharing. Just curious, is anyone still living in or its kept as a musuem of sort?

Scott77

• ragnarok75
    ragnarok75

Good that you and your wife stood by her.

I once talked to my uncle about the riches of the society.He promptly replied that no individual has ever finacially benefitted of the wealth.Then I showed him Beth Sarim and I could see he was upset..

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Kurtbethel,

HILARIOUS!!

to the original poster........I went to Russell's grave last year....I posted some pics on here......I couldn't stop laughing. I just laughed and laughed hysterically until tears were rolling down my face........

........did you and your sister have the same experience? This surreal laughter at knowing you used to put your entire life into this crap??

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

The 'House of the Princes' houses nothing of the sort today. It's all but a relic now of a purposefully forgotten time in JW history. No one knows of it except ex-JWs, ex-JWs to be, Bethel higher-ups, and old-timers. I tried to tell my mother about it, but she always shut me off and told me I was listening to apostate lies. It was only a temporary home for 'Brother Rutherford' and others due to their busy travel schedules. They're so conditioned to tune out anything critical to their religion that's it's impossible to talk to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit