Amazing Kingdom Hall Sign Endorses Cedars' JWSurvey.org!!!

by 00DAD 23 Replies latest social humour

• recovering
    recovering

Ok your wish is my command

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Thankyou.

That would be so cool to put it up outside all the Kingdom Halls

• Fernando
    Fernando

I "saw" this sign:

Indulgences now for sale in honour of Charles Tetzel Russell.

Be absolved of any complicity related to Candace Conti type paedophilia cover-ups.

Only 15c!

uh ... per publisher, per month...

for uh.. clean conscience...

but be quick as doomsday is coming real SOON!

• cedars
    cedars

Wow, I should show that photo to Mrs Cedars, just to prove that I am sometimes right!!

Thanks 00DAD!

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Oh, no Cedars, don't put me between you and the missus!!!

• cedars
    cedars

00DAD

Oh, no Cedars, don't put me between you and the missus!!!

It's ok, she's stopped her strange habit of carrying out brutal vendettas against those who fuel her husband's ego.... I think?!

Cedars

• Fernando
    Fernando

Is the Watchtower now selling 15c paedophilia indulgences by stealth?

How Tetzel (apparently) painted himself into a corner - from https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1082-john-tetzels-indulgences :

Start.

Pope Leo X (A.D. 1475-1521) commissioned John Tetzel, a Dominican monk, to travel throughout Germany selling indulgences on behalf of the Church. Tetzel declared that as soon as the coins “clinked” in his money chest, the souls of those for whom the indulgences had been purchased would fly out of purgatory.

These indulgences not only bestowed pardon for sins committed already, they were used to license the commission of future transgressions as well. In the classic volume, The Life and Times of Martin Luther, noted historian Merle D’Aubigne relates an amusing episode relative to this practice.

A certain Saxon nobleman heard John Tetzel proclaiming his doctrine of indulgences, and the gentleman was much aggravated at this perversion of truth. Accordingly, he approached the monk one day and inquired as to whether he might purchase an indulgence for a sin he intended to commit.

“Most assuredly,” replied Tetzel, “I have received full powers from his holiness for that purpose.” After some haggling, a fee of thirty crowns was agreed upon, and the nobleman departed.

Together with some friends, he hid himself in a nearby forest. Presently, as Tetzel journeyed that way, the knight and his mischievous companions fell upon the papal salesman, gave him a light beating, and relieved him of his money, apparently taking no pains to disguise themselves.

Tetzel was enraged by the foul deed and filed suit in the courts. When the nobleman appeared as the defendant, he produced the letter of exemption containing John Tetzel’s personal signature, which absolved the Saxon of any liability. When Duke George (the judge before whom the action was brought) examined the document, exasperated though he was, he ordered the accused to be released.

Error is its own worst enemy!

Sources

D’Aubigne, J.H. Merle, The Life and Times of Martin Luther (Chicago: Moody, 1955), p. 103.

End.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

please indulge me, is this real???

maybe i'm gullible

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Hey DaCheech, how's it hangin'?

I just learned that the word "gullible" isn't even in the dictionary. Someone just made it up one day and Merriam-Webster said, "No, I don't think so!"

At any rate, yes, this sign is absolutely for real. And if you don't believe me just look at the thread topic it's filed under!

00DAD

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Oh yeah, I gave a special talk there recently and I am not even a JW.

It was a happifying experience for me.

Happifying Jehovah's Witness experience

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit