BARBARA ANDERSON - SHOCKING!!

by The Searcher 13 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I don't know why, but it took me up until a few hours ago to read her story at http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/ and it opened my eyes more than I'd have thought possible.

Having researched the real truth over the past 3 years or so, I felt my disgust was complete, but I was wrong! I used to think that Bethelites had it made, being in amongst like-minded brothers and sisters every day, but it appears their little 'spiritual paradise' is just a facade. It goes a long way to explain what I saw on a visit to London Branch to do the tour.

The depressed expressions on various faces there really puzzled me - but having come to a clearer knowledge of the teachings and the practices, I think such ones probably knew a lot more than I do, and that would more than justify their sullen demeanour.

Their reliance on WTBTS for their basic human requirements is conditional on their unwavering allegiance to the Society - something which many Bethelites the world over must be quaking at, in view of the 'downsizing' taking place.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I am eternally greatful for being granted the opportunity to see through the facade, and make sense of a myriad of very confusing situations.

• cedars
    cedars

Barbara's website was one of the first sources of information for me when I was first waking up. Her story is inspiring.

Cedars

• happy@last
    happy@last

Despite having converted many into the cult, I dare say she has even many more leave it. A true star with an eye for detail and an amazing writer

• purplesofa
  • ndmom73
    ndmom73

Thanks for this post, I haven't explored many JW info websites and had never heard of Barbara Anderson. Despite having never been baptized and walking away from the JW's as a teenager I still had an inner voice preventing me from exploring "apostate" messages. Isn't it crazy how far reaching the mind control can be!

A recent event urged me to do some research and I am so thankful that I did. I just read the story of Barbara Anderson and found it shocking how un-shocked I was to read all of her information. It is just sad that those who SHOULD be reading her story probably never will.

• tiki
    tiki

silence of the lambs was a real turning point for me. i'd been fading for the longest time, but really didn't think much about it....reading her information and knowing from experience how very true it all was, and coupling that with the whole pedophile mess ..... ttatt....freedom at last!!!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I too found her story very interesting, I wish she would write a book and tell us more. I read her bio early on in my journey and it really helped me see what a farce it is. Thank you Barbara!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The WTBTS has a lot of ‘thorns-in-the-side’. Barbara and her writings are one such source of irritation to ‘Mother’.

I once heard a visiting speaker from Bethel make reference to a certain female who at one time worked in the writing department at Bethel who now has her own web site and writing uncomplimentary things about ‘Jehovah’s Organization’. He was talking of none other than ……Barbara Anderson!

You Go Girl!

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

I LOVE Barbara and JOE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit