A JW got checked in my congo

by XPeterX 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

The policy used to be to not mention any names in a marking talk.

I doubt if this has changed, there is too much risk of being sued for slander.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

An elder did announce it in the beggining of the second hour of the meeting: [Name] has been MARKED.Dammit.It's really difficult to learn the theocratic terminology in English but hey at least I try.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Sounds like someone screwed up from the platform. Wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last.

They're making it up!

I thought you knew.

• Diest
    Diest

Dont worry about it Peter. The jokes are not about you and your translation of Marked. It is really about mocking the stupidity of the WTS. Dont take it personally. We are glad to have you here.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I was indirectly the subject of a marking talk, where the elders were marking somebody close to me, and they proceeded to tell confidential stuff that I’d prefer to keep quiet. It took six months to walk back into a Kingdom Hall…and I never want back to that one. Whenever the elders from that congregation would call me, I would ignore it.

No names were dropped, but JWs are notorious gossipers, especially pioneers. It’s not too hard to fill in the names.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Chapter 12 of the FLOCK BOOK refers to "Marking" someone for an offense that does warrant disfellowshipping. It says NOTHING about announcing the person's name. In fact, if the matter is not public knowledge, they should likely not give a marking talk. In other words, the matter is supposed to be so widely known that they NEED to give a talk (no name necessary) to alert the congregation that they are dealing with that person.

Doc

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

yeah -

A few years ago there was a whole series of talks by COs and Elduhs about long courtships and engagements.

I dont know if they were worried about FORNICATION.

At one time people got engaged then married when they could afford it. Then a whole series of weddings were brought forward - I dont know whether because of private counsel from the elduhs, whether the bride was already up the duff and they needed to disguise it, or the couple KNEW they would be at it before the "CELEBRATION DAY" (This is the Wedding day - the only anniversary witlesses can celebrate - thier first fuck... who said YHWH was NOT a fertility and sex god?????)

Some friends of mine were marked because they had set a wedding date for over a year after their engagement.

The brides father had lost his wife suddenly. The fact he had just paid for a funeral didnt wash with the bastads.

HB

• irondork
    irondork

It means dude got ran over by someone in a pair of Nikes

• steve2
    steve2

I've never ever heard that a public announcement accompanies elders marking someone in the congregation.

Could this be a violation of a clear Watchtower policy that warrants its being reported to the JW police at your nearest Branch Office and/or Headquarters in Brooklyn?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It would not surprise me at all if the elders got wrong and announced a marking, but that is not what should happen. Apart from D/f , the only discipline announcement should be:

"21. The coordinator of the body of elders should approve the announcement before an elder reads it to the congregation. It should read as follows:

"[Name of person] has been reproved." Restrictions are not announced"

Flock book chapt 7

This follows a J C when the person is judged to be repentant and let off with drubbing down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit