A JW got checked in my congo

by XPeterX 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Did one of the elders body-slam him into the literature counter?

• pixel
    pixel

I think somewhere in the Sheperding book says that if the congo is aware of something fishy, but not bad to form a JC, they can "check" a Dub and let the congo know that the elders are aware of the situation. I think.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Been hanging around this a long time now and never heard the term "checked".

Are you serious that this is what what announced from the platform? CHECKED?

Or is this a slang reference to something -- either Public Reproof (result of a Judicial Committee where the person is not DFd), or a "Marking" (incident was not "bad" enough to warrant a JC, but still unapproved conduct)?

Doc

• tiki
    tiki

checked?!? they checked someone out? sounds weird.....whatever.....

• undercover
    undercover

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

Sorry, but all I could think about was this fine wisdom from Brother Cube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ8L-kC4i_w

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The only thing I can imagine being said using the term "checked" is to say an individual "checked out" meaning that they DAd.

Doc

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

XPeterX can you be a little more specific? Was there a talk about his/her wrongdoing? What was the exact wording of the announcement? "Checked" is not a WT Org term. (unless we're talking another language and you are translating perhaps)

In the years I was an elder we never announced a "marked" person by name, and unless something's changed recently the El-durs went outside the WT policy on that one...

• Londo111
    Londo111

A person cannot be publically reproved AND marked. They been be marked, then later reproved or DFed. If they are marked, they don't annouce the name, they just give personal details and people generally can guess who they are talking about.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Hey yo English ain't my first language.I meant "MARKED".M-A-R-K-E-D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit