Do you have friends/family still in the organization waiting for a big "cleansing" to occur?

by Pyramid Scheme 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

I have had some great conversations with friends and family lately who are still in the organization.

When I explain my feelings and beliefs, and discuss a number of the scandals surrouding the WT, they agree with me 100% - even expressing some things I didn't expect them to say as far as doctrine and teachings. In other words, they can see the obvious problems and want them to change. All of them little trust in the leadership, and have expressed disgust with several elders in the congregations they attend. I use those occasions to "informal witness" to them. ALL of them were familar with the Candace Conti case, which I found interesting. (and a positive sign)

However, they all have mentioned that they stay in and are "waiting on Jehovah" to cleanse the organization. My position with them is that I will wait for the cleansing to take place before I ever decide to consider returning. (I dont think I have too much to worry about!!)

Have you experienced this with friends and family? They see the issues, are troubled by many of the problems, but still think God is using the WT. Therefore, they believe a time is coming when the "wheat and weeds" wil be separated and the organization will be cleaned......

I am thinking about a way to approach this subject reasonably.......these are really kind people who love God, but can't separate him from the WT at this point, unfortunately.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

this is unfortunately the case .The Watchtower has for decades indoctrinate them that if things go wrong just wait on Jehovah ,passive mentality.

• irondork
    irondork

Actually, I experienced that thinking myself. Granted, I chose to get out of the organization while waiting for Jehovah to cleanse his people, adjust them like he adjusted the ancient nation of Israel.

It took me a couple of months after I left, and much reading before I finally figured out it wasn't going to work that way. I asked the question in an early thread, "No adjustment of God's people is coming, is it?"

To which Leaving WT answered simply, "No sir!"

I believe the fact that there are so many people waiting for an adjustment is a wonderful development. They KNOW something is wrong. The awakening has begun and it's about to explode.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Should a Catholic stay in the church, waiting for God to cleanse the organization? If not, why should anyone else do the same?

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

Our Kingdom Hall is a self cleaning place of worship, the only way to hasten the cleaning efforts would be the make people fill out applications and go through a background check. We don't worry so much for pedophiles or sex offenders, they repent of their sins and are out in the field ministry getting the most hours in field service. We have competitions to generate interest in "real-pioneering, auxilary-pioneering, mini-pioneering and minimum-pioneering and we remove from our midst anyone who does not put forth a reasonable effort in the ministry. Hours in field service are the only thing that matters in the Kingdom Hall, anything else is matter's not.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

aunt connie.. the verdict is finally in for me... you are hellarious.. I finally get you making fun of the JW's ..

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

irondork - . . . I believe the fact that there are so many people waiting for an adjustment is a wonderful development. They KNOW something is wrong. The awakening has begun and it's about to explode.

Anybody heard of the platitude that JWs say, "Where else will we go?" JWs like being persecueted and being victims, and WTBTS's leaders like victimizing JWs. It is a co-dependent relationship.

Thank God for the internet, smart-phones, and tablets!

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If this attitude is general and widespread then it must come from the insidious mind controlling methods used by the WT. Having readied the R&F then they can force many to leave by being super controlling or some other method, and claim it as a "cleansing".

This leaves them with the hardcore JW's who will never leave, a smaller much more manageable and less expensive group, who , with the cost savings, donate enough to keep the whole scam going, and the GB in clover. Clever !

On the other hand, it may just be that your group of JW's are well informed and somewhat unique. In which case there is no WT conspiracy behind their attitude.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

What I have found from the JWs I know of who are still in is that yes they are 'waiting on Jehovah' but it is killing them. They are all so sick with terrible health problems, alcoholism and mental breakdowns. They all seem old before their time. People in their late fifties or early sixties seem like very old people, crippled with ill-heath. They may say they are leaving it up to Jehovah consciously but their unconscoius minds know the truth and are making their bodies so ill.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Thanks for starting this thread.

My mother, a die-hard JW for over 40 years, is EXACTLY in this category. She can see a lot of the bullshit but still thinks it is God's organisation and we should just wait on Jehovah to put things right eventually. She is expecting a big cleansing sooner or later.

There must be more and more falling into this category each year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit