Penton's Apocalypse Delayed

by Band on the Run 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

Penton has posted here, and the rabid Anti-Semitism was too embarrassing to fathom.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am confused. Are you referring to Penton's antisemitism or Lars' antisemitism?

Since I am not a Palestinian, I don't see what is so evil about Zionism compared to any other nationalism, including that of the United States.

I do not understanding the Jew hating here sometimes. Presently I am reading Mein Kampf and one of my major disappointments is that Hitler just asserts antisemitism after writing about 1/4 of the book in reasonable language. The book would be better if he explained his transformation from hanging and socializing with Jews, choosing to live in jewish neighborhoods to extreme hatred of them.

Sadly, it must still be socially acceptable to public engage in antisemiitic attacks. I don't believe Jews are special - only human the same as every other religion. If they appear to be enmeshed in finanical systems, it is b/c they were forbidden to perform any trade. Almost every Christian achievemtn through the ages could not be financed without Jewish bankiing. There was no Christian banking system.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Perhaps you missed it, BOTR.

He posted that the jews were running the world under cover of some weird conspiracy (Bilderbergs?) - and it was just so ridiculous that most of us did not believe it was really him...

But, unfortunately, it WAS.

EDIT - I am talking about Penton.

Lars is another subject altogether.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What? I am fainting here with shock. Are you certain it was Penton?

Now the book is ruined for me. Thanks for informing me. WOW! One never knows. I certainly do not.

• james_woods
    james_woods

We are about as sure as the internet can be, BOTR.

Trust me, I was just as shocked as you are.

I might be able to find the old thread somewhere - it was pretty wild.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Perhaps he has dementia.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Perhaps he has dementia.

Do you know, BOTR - for some reason, I pretty much thought the same thing.

But even in that state these ideas have to come from somewhere.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

James,

I searched the archives and a read a few. My selection was poor so I did not read anything that was rabidly antisemitic. I did notice he talked about the imperialistic US and Britain during WWII. Of course, I am biased as an American.

It was nice to see how one's edited and deliberate writing is different from casual posting on JWN.

The style was certainly similar to that in the book.

Well- perhaps I should return to Hitler.

Also, I was surprised at how he is a Bible thumper and devout Christian. I respect it but I expected something else from reading his book.

• TD
    TD
    Penton has posted here, and the rabid Anti-Semitism was too embarrassing to fathom.

What username was that under? I missed that entirely.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    He posted that the jews were running the world under cover of some weird conspiracy (Bilderbergs?)

That is complete nonsense. He criticised Israeli atrocities in Palestine and the influence of the Israeli lobby over American policy. Is that not allowed?

What username was that under?

Jim Penton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit