Google results

by Jeffro 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

That might be because you visit your own site most, Jeffro, and Google has remembered.

My search shows my thread comes 2nd and you 4th Disturbingly, Lars's thread comes 3rd (I don't think I even saw that one before!)

cedars tried something similar and people got slightly different results.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I tried searching 607 is right and all I got were the JW Apologist sites, 2 of, no sign of yours or Jeffro's Ann !

Searching with 607 for dummies gets me jeffro's of course, and I suppose VAT 4 whatever it is will get toyours Ann, but I do feel an effort by JWN members to get both sites to be more prominent is called for, its only mouse clicking after all.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

AnnOMaly:

That might be because you visit your own site most, Jeffro, and Google has remembered.

Hmmm... I should have taken into account that Google is an evil data-miner. I wasn't logged in with a Google account when I checked, but I should have realised they're cleverer than that. I guess I should have tested from a different computer.

In any case, people are getting to my site from Google with the search terms listed above (and others).

Phizzy:

I do feel an effort by JWN members to get both sites to be more prominent is called for, its only mouse clicking after all.

If enough people visit the page via Google's search results, it will improve the general page ranking. As it is, I'm getting hits every day; and since 2009, the average number of hits per year has doubled, then tripled, then quadrupled, and is on track for quadrupling again this year.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It might be worth trying a more neutral IP location, e.g. library, and see what comes up.

If you're on the 1st page ...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

AnnOMaly:

It might be worth trying a more neutral IP location, e.g. library, and see what comes up.

It's still odd because I don't actually visit my own site from Google. Maybe Wordpress has some sneaky Google Analytics scripting...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

bump

• besty
    besty

use startpage.com or ask.com to get a decent view on 'natural' google results without customisations

seems that http://jeffro77.wordpress.com/watchtowers-2011-attempt/ is number 2 - great work

• BroMac
    BroMac

when was jeru....salem destroyed by babylon

I started typing this in google then it filled the rest. it was my first ever search online. I think the first page site I clicked on was the 607 v 587 - the home page had some old scroll thing going on.

Then I found this site, then I found jeffro and AnnOMally. Alleymom. jwfacts.

BOOM went WT nonsense and my mind at the same time.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I was just checking visitor logs for my '607' articles.

Today I got my first ever visitor from Botswana, via a Google Search from google.co.za (Google South Africa).

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Truly such expansion is an evidence of the God of Truth's blessing upon you Jeffro. LOL

Lets keep clicking folks, as I said months ago, 1914 is the WT's weakest spot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit