Who seemed to be shown more forgiveness? Men or women?

by TweetieBird 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

An elder's son caught in a lap dancing club (not sure by who or how) back in the early 80s was not disfellowshipped but the other brothers who were with him were.

Two never returned but a year later he was respectably married to a pioneer sister.

• SophieG
    SophieG

Joyfulfader,

…. elitism is rife also. Don’t you dare commit a wrongdoing against any important/well-known elders. I know of a case where a well known overseer had the POWER to change the life of a someone who made a grievous mistake against him and straight up chose not to. That’s when I saw that LOVE FAILED. The DFd wrong doer paid for so many years in so many ways it was heartbreaking.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    An elder's son caught in a lap dancing club (not sure by who or how)

"I just happened to be coming out of the grocery store across the street from the club and...I don't know how to say it..."

Elder [Convention Drama style]: "Please, brother, trust in Jehovah. Go on."

"And...I saw Brother So-and-so coming out of that--that seedy nightclub!"

Elder: "Was he alone?"

"No. What's-his-face and No-Name were with him, too! I couldn't believe it!"

--sd-7

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

In the world statistics report this disparity: in a like for like crime a woman is much more likely to get a custodial sentence than a man but when both go to prison for the same crime the woman generally gets a shorter sentence.

• sd-7
    sd-7

But it really depends on the elders on the committee and the person's relatives/position/other stuff. My wife got private reproof for our pre-marital sex, and she'd been...manumitted?...before for the same reason. She was commenting two months later. Since she turned me in for apostasy as well, that was probably the reward, if one can call it that. The elders didn't elaborate on what they thought happened as far as the two of us, but probably they thought I must've been some kind of Casanova who seduced her and had her under my thumb, when it was quite the opposite, I just went along with what she had initiated. It wasn't so much seduction involved on either end, as it was just two consenting adults having sex.

Of course, once I understood how their witch trials go, I really got a sense of how horrible it must be for single women who have to face these three old men and talk about a sexual situation. Dark Ages, man, truly.

--sd-7

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

LisaRose-you hit the nail on the head and for the most part that is true. But, looking back, it really is who you are friends with on the committee that decides your fate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit