When Did You Stop Attending The Memorial At the Hall? Celebrate L.E.M. With Friends Online?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

NE thanks for the recipe. I will use it this year. Last year I used matzos and Manischewitz grape wine.

• geevee
    geevee

We stopped attending in May 2005. I refuse to go for the memorial, if the other meetings are avoided, why put myself through the stress of this? It is great not to be guilted into this man made arrangement.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Newly nlightened, make sure it is organic whole wheat flour and organic olive oil, just as it would have been in the first century.

Just kidding.

I have vowed never to step foot in a kingdom hall again and have skipped the memorial for the last two years. I have become an atheist so it isn't an issue for me. Jehovah's Witnesses are right, once you leave, all kinds of things change in your life, all for the better is what they fail to mention.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I haven't been to that Astaroth-dishonoring, half Jewish (and it felt Jewish)/half Christian festival since 2005. I never felt proper at this wastefest, and I don't believe it fit a religion that bills itself as all Christian (where you would expect everyone to be partaking, and on a weekly basis). In fact, the day of the 2006 REJECT Astaroth Party, I went out and got myself a Ouija board.

What I don't appreciate is the dishonesty. Sure, the first time I went, I felt that I was learning the truth. The second time and thereafter, it had that "I thought this was supposed to be a pure Christian religion--this has a Jewish feel to it, not what was advertised" feeling. I dreaded the event every year since--the second year, they told us that it was probably the last time. Then, the next year, we had to go back through it again. It just didn't seem right for me. And, after 2005, I quit trying to make it work. I got my Ouija board for the 2006 event, and I miss that party about as much as you would miss having pneumonia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit