When Did You Stop Attending The Memorial At the Hall? Celebrate L.E.M. With Friends Online?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I am still new to the business of fading and once I stop attending the Memorial with all the dubs around me, my former friends will definitly put my shepherding call on hold. I am sure some of the friends faded quick and never turn their back toward the Kingdom Hall again. I am curious if others took a longer approach to fading and dropping off completly. I don't want to show up out of a strange compulsion, I still want to celebrate the Lord's Evening Meal but I don't want a cult involved in my life. Any of you celebrating the Lord's Evening Meal by yourself or via Skype or Paltalk this year? How do you go about celebrating and how often do you do it? Thanks!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Christ commanded that all of his followers commemorate his death until he returns, and since he hasn't returned yet, I will do as he instructed us to do - along with a meal in the privacy of my own home, not as some spectator event with people 'reverentially' handling a plate and a wine glass, the contents of which they are forbidden to consume, by men!

On the basis of the deception that only the 'elite' partake, (perpetuated by the WTBTS) by definition, every single Witness who has the earthly hope should not attend an event designated for heavenly-hopers only - they have no right to be there!!!

Where in the Scriptures does it say that excluded people (including non-believers) could come and be voyeurs while few if any, actually celebrated the death of our Lord & Mediator?

The Memorial, as defined by the FDS, is a Scriptural non-event except for the elite.

Every person should ask themselves a simple question;

"How does the way I celebrate the Memorial, compare with how Christ said it should carried out?".

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I celebrated the Lord's Meal last year private on my home with my wife for the first time. It felt something so close to our Lord, was an extraordinary experience. This year our 20 years old daughter will join us and possibly my sister who is still an active jw.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Wolfman85:

Be careful. I've heard stories (I don't know how true) that the Society acts swiftly against those who initiate any meetings like this without their sanctioning.

At the same time I admire the route you are taking. For the last few years, since starting to wake up, I've been kinda split between partaking at the Memorial as a witness to those who don't - or avoiding it as something that is an outright insult to Jesus.

I don't like either choice to much. The partaking was intended by Jesus to be a shared experience. Not just each one for himself (which is what Paul condemned in 1 Corinthians). And yet, at the KH you are left with little choice but to feel you are rebelling if you do partake for the right reason, namely, because that is what Christians are supposed to do. They don't too much mind if you are mentally unbalanced and partake. But to partake because all Christians are supposed to is flirting with apsotacy from the Society's viewpoint. (I think Narkissos had said something about this in his case.)

At my KH there is no one (that I know of) that shares my view.

Take Care

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Thanks Bobcat. In my case I am very relaxed as my wife and daughter opened her eyes and know TTATT. We have not been disfellowshipped, but at this point in our lives we don't care what the elders intend to do. They no longer have any power over us. The only one who would have to think it is my sister, and I know the reasons for which she is still active and it is not because she believes that the WT has the truth.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

I'm still in the process of fading myself and the issue of the memorial has been something I've been desperately praying about and reading in the bible.

I will not go back to the K.H. because I can't associate with people who are liars and after reading the bible on what Jesus commended his followers to do and praying about it. I have come to the conclusion that all of Jesus followers are to partake. Not just the 144,000.

I'm not telling you want to do, I'm just sharing what I'm going to do. I'm going to make a nice meal that night and my husband and I are going to show our appreciation for the sacrifice at home and we are going to be partaking.

The best advice I can give you is read the bible accounts of the Lord's Evening Meal and pray about it. You still have time to figure out what to do, so don't be in a rush. But that is what my husband and I did and my parents also did the same thing. My parents are fading too :)

I pray for the Spirit to guide you.

G

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Gojira, good for you!!! Blessings.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

I began my fade at the end of the year 2007. I have not attended since. They know we aren't going back and so far have left us alone. A few visits by the elder who feels responsible for us leaving. A couple visits by well meaning r&f members. I could never walk in a kh again.

• Twitch
    Twitch

The last time I was in a kh was for a memorial and that was 1992 or so. I had stopped attending regularly for a few years by that time and the memorial was the only time I did for a few, kinda like when people go to Christmas or Easter mass or something. But I stopped as I had to make the break from all that and was no longer interested in belief.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Gojira is correct. After 'observing' only, for 45 years, and after thorough research, Her father & I have come to the conclusion that ALL of Christ disciples should partake. So we will quietly be celebrating at home.

Unleaven Bread recipe:

1 cup Whole wheat flour, 2 Tbls Ex-Virgin Olive Oil, 1/2 cup Water. Mix well. Roll out to 1/8 inch thick. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit