Why Are District Conventions Becoming Shorter?

by Quendi 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Compared with the sixties when DCs began on a Sunday and finished on the foloowing Sunday, three sessions a day until 9PM

That should be a test for all these new JW anointed wannabes.......have them sit through an 8 day DC, and if they can do it, then they are anointed.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Thanks, everyone, for the clarification about the lengths of the district conventions. I’ll let my friend know that both of us have been misinformed. As for their content, I have to agree that they aren’t worth three long and boring days. Indeed, the only good thing about them for me was the chance to meet friends from other cities and congregations and catch up on what was going on in their lives.

When I was still a Witness, I can remember eagerly looking for the convention dates as published in the March 15 Watchtower. It wasn’t because I so badly wanted to attend. Instead, what my friends and I wanted to know was if we were going to have an early convention. Why? Well, Colorado summers, while intense, are brief. We wanted to have the entire summer to enjoy in the high country so the thought of a July, August or September convention was not one we liked. We always had early ones and that allowed us to enjoy the rest of the summer with our own agenda.

Quendi

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

My mother mentioned the schedule was announced. and what a good convention last year was...I said OH.... "did you learn something new"?...she thought about it...said NO.... and then said "humm maybe I will just miss it "!

• blondie
    blondie

3 days, but do the start and stop at the same times as in the past?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There used to be great hype surrounding district conventions as to what was being learn to when the end was coming, anticipation was high.

Now days most of that hype has been whittled away.

Most likely why many things concerning this religion is being continually minimized.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

The District Conventions are short because the parents of hyperactive little twits need to force feed them Ritalin! I wish the 2012 "SAFEGUARDING YOUR HEART" was longer and the counsel was more focused at the parents and publishers who need it badly!!! I was about to go insane sitting next to a single mother with five little brats, their constant fidgeting with their pencils, color books, Great Teacher Book and the oldest thirteen year old with his smart phone compulsively texting, Text, Text, Text, it was nonstop texting! I wanted to scream at her little vidiots playing their Leapsters and asking "mommy can I have some water? Water! Water Momma!" Parents need to control their little beasts and nuisances so the older generation of Witnesses can enjoy the spiritual banquet! Next year I am going to sit in the "Reserved For Elderly And Infirm" to avoid the madness of it all. I would much rather endure snoring or bad odors (breath and bad stomach gas, body odor from not bathing) than deal with little children, I hate being around little kids, they make me nerveous!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

LOL - AuntConnie you crack me up!

3 long f&(&( days. ugh.

• Gayle
    Gayle

It's just a matter of a little more time,,bound to happen. (I mean before Armageddon too - hee hee)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

From the dates I saw, three days is confirmed--this time. I don't know how long it will take them to reduce it to 2 days, but for now it is three. I did notice, however, that many of the venues are in smaller towns than in years past (matters not, because I am not going to any session except the ones that get posted here). I envision the time when they hold them at a$$embly hells, in groups of roughly 800 per session, mostly to eliminate whatever little joy the witlesses once had in looking for a mate. Less opportunity, less chance of it happening.

Not only will that mean less opportunity to have children raised in the cancer, but it is going to make Astaroth, the Goddess of Fertility, mighty pxxxed off. Any time you reduce fertility in this way, you undermine the stability of a population. Ultimately, the population is polluted or enslaved. True, it is possible to have too many people on the earth--that is when Satan starts reprogramming more people to become homosexual (limiting the population Satan's way). The population drops down, but never too low--more straight and promiscuous people are made to build the numbers back up. Satan has a way of balancing the population. He doesn't need joke-hova to come up with ways to disrupt the processes--limiting opportunities to find a mate by chopping the sessions into little tiny groups does just that within this filthy religion.

Bad luck be brought on the jokehovian witlesses!

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Money Money Money what else ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit