TTATT From the Platform

by jw07 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

Like 00DAD, I also started eliminating things I could no longer teach in good conscience....

I started taking more liberties with talk outlines, and just spoke about Christian principles and things i thought might actually encourage people.

The funniest for me was once I resigned as an Elder, I planned on resigning from the Theocratic Ministry School.

Well, before I could let the overseer know, he gave me a 5 minute talk on religious hypocrisy. I decided to give it.....

I gave a 5-minute fire and brimstone talk that really exposed a couple of elders in the hall (it was obvious it was about them, since they terrorized the hall).........quoted a couple of anti-religion heavy metal songs, and walked off the stage. That was my last talk at the hall.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Amelia Ashton: he inserted all the Pink Floyd song titles he could into them

Ok, I could easily see an elder talking about "money" in a public talk, even "pigs" or other "animals." No one would even notice they were PF song titles.

Some would be kind of easy, like "Time" or "Wish You Were Here."

It's be a stretch to work in "Speak to Me," but it could be done. I can't imagine him talking about Jesus having "The Great Gig in the Sky."

But how on earth could he ever squeeze in "Ummagumma" without admitting a "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"?

Come to think of it, the WTBTS regularly quotes the lyric, "We don't need no education!" This explains why all JWs are "Comfortably Numb"!!!

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

Sheep (Waters)

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;
    Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
    You better watch out,
    There may be dogs about
    I've looked over Jordan, and I have seen
    Things are not what they seem.

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real.
    Meek and obedient you follow the leaderDown well trodden corridors into the valley of steel.
    What a surprise!
    A look of terminal shock in your eyes.
    Now things are really what they seem.
    No, this is no bad dream.
    The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
    He makes me down to lie
    Through pastures green He leadeth me the silent waters by.
    With bright knives He releaseth my soul.
    He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places.
    He converteth me to lamb cutlets,
    For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger.
    When cometh the day we lowly ones,
    Through quiet reflection, and great dedication
    Master the art of karate,
    Lo, we shall rise up,
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

Bleating and babbling I fell on his neck with a scream.
    Wave upon wave of demented avengers
    March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Have you heard the news?
    The dogs are dead!
    You better stay home
    And do as you're told.
    Get out of the road if you want to grow old.

• cofty
    cofty

Pink Floyd - Animals

Loved it.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

MR. Faclon TATT or TTATT is an acronymn that means "The Truth about the Truth"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I answered in the group Study, when they were still held in private homes, and spoke about the U.N membership scandal. I had to choose my words as carefully as I could, Bro Thought Police was in attendance, he is a society man through and through, any hint of saying something negative would have had him questioning me while wild dogs were attacking my intestines.

I got it in though, and was quite plesed with myself, but it went over everyones head I think, the significance of U.N membership.

For many a long year I would never say anything from the platform that I didn't agree with, once I gave a Public Talk in another Congo and an elder from there quizzed me after about how different it was from the same titled talk he had given a few weeks before, in all innocence then, because I had not woken up then, I explained about my method of distilling the WT's outline down to what actually came from the Bible and then talking only on that, I didn't realise that I was on dodgy ground and he quite well may have reported me to the Gestapo of the WT.

I never heard anything negative , and in fact that congo sent a request for me to speak there again, but by that time I had refused to give any more P.T's as I thought all the outlines were crap, and so was the concept of a 30 minute ramble. it must have been the beginnings of my waking up I guess.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I gave the memorial talk the last year I was an elder. (I was already "out" and would be resiging in about 2 or 3 weeks)

I refused to follow the outline - and said nothing about the 144,000, the two classes, or the significance of partaking (going to heaven).

I just read the pertinent New Testament scriptures, called for passing the bread and the wine, and had the closing song.

Several people told me they thought it was an excellent way to handle the memorial - very dignified, using only the bible.

• Ding
    Ding
    Several people told me they thought it was an excellent way to handle the memorial - very dignified, using only the bible.

A very rebellious congregation!

Don't they know that no one can understand the Bible without WT literature to explain it to them?

The WT of August 15, 1981, pp. 28-29 says that there are JWs who have "an independent, faultfinding attitude... They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But strangely, through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching 100 years ago..."

• james_woods
    james_woods
    A very rebellious congregation!
    Don't they know that no one can understand the Bible without WT literature to explain it to them?

Ha! That was in 1978 - right at the height of the Ray Franz (post 1975) contraversy.

A lot of people in that congregation knew about it through the Dunlaps and actually thought that reform from the Watchtower Society might be under way.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Ding quoting the WT of August 15, 1981 – “through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching 100 years ago..."

Reading the Bible by itself gives you "apostate doctrines"???

LOL; there's an epic facepalm moment if I ever read one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit