Fascinating 1914 exchange between CT Russell and a colporteur

by cedars 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

I think he meant the year from Adam's creation (not B.C. and not A.D. )

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks for explaining wantingtruth.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Incidentally, I bought the Kindle version of the Charles Taze Russell biography yesterday - following up on Pyramid Scheme's recommendation. It looked fascinating, and a great resource for my book. Unfortunately the Kindle version has a fault so none of the pages were showing properly, meaning I had to return it. I guess I'll have to order the hardcopy instead. Shame.

Cedars

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ah, of course, thanks AnnOMaly and wantingtruth. I'm not a chronology buff, and I've never seen someone use "A.M." dates before, or count from the creation of man. That makes sense.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Russell knew that the proclamation of Christ return and the begging of a new world order under Christ starting from 1914 was biggest

selling and marketing ideology supporting the sales and distribution of his books and magazines.

He wasn't about to let one doubter deteriorate that established doctrine which he created to accomplish what it was intended to do.

Russell was a charismatic salesman at his core character as well as a businessman fostered from his family life and professional career.

• erbie
    erbie

Its interesting how he had the affront to draw a parallel between his own writings and the bible.

He had some ego!!!

So many people misled by one man's lies.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So many people misled by one man's lies.

So many people mislead by one organization selling religiously inspired lies to proliferate their literature ( The Watchtower Corporation)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit