CoCo

• Ding
    Ding

Very sorry for your loss.

Give yourself time to grieve.

All the best as you move forward.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

My Partner Dave and I send our sincere condolences to you as you deal with the loss of your Mother. You did so much to comfort and take care of her in her time of need, and I'm sure that she appreciated it very much. I hope that you are comforted in the fact that you made her last days peaceful and as comfortable as possible and were there for her as she took her final breath. What an awesome, thoughtful and compassionate person you are!!!

Please be sure to take care of yourself and catch up on rest so that you remain strong both physically and emotionally as you start to deal with and gradually heal from the pain of your loss. May your friends be a source of strength for you as well.

My thoughts are with you.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm going to repeat what Ohio Cowboy said, please be sure to take care of your self and get some rest, caregivers get so caught up in taking care of others that they neglect their own well being.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Everything OhioCowboy said, except I don't : ( have a partner.

Roberta, thank you for letting as know about your Mother.

Eight years is a long time to look after ones sick and dying parents.

They are fortunate to have had You as their Daughter.

I think they knew that.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Roberta & her Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Just Lois

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Roberta, I m very sorry to hear you lost your Mom. My thoughts are with you.

Aunt Fancy

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

My sincere condolences.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

My condolances to you, Roberta. I don't know what your views are on the death experience, but it seems to me that the doctrine of the soul sleeping can add a burden for many who still hold to it.

My father passed not long ago. A naval aviator, he was quietly religious. In previous years I had prompted him on his views of death and he candidly admitted he did not know. He rarely smiled unless he was telling a joke, but he kept his religious views to himself.

Two days before his death, he took my mother's hand and smiled. "I talked to my mother today," he said. He had seen and spoken to her on two occasions, he said. He was raised in a broken home and his father was the town drunk. Sometimes he would come in and literally beat him up. My grandmother usually stopped the beatings, but she was small and he often just brushed her off. Finally one day he came in and proceeded to hit my dad. His mother, bless her heart, picked up an iron skillet and whacked him on the head. Being a nurse, she cleaned him up, treated his wounds and he literally never knew what hit him.

My grandfather on my mother's side also saw and spoke to several family members and friends. Just before he died, he pointed towards the foot of his bed and tried to talk. He was very excited and was frustrated that no one but him could see. I can scarcely believe these could be deceptions, as it happens too often. The Jehovah's Witnesses point out rightly that Jesus when he was dead, did not go to Heaven. According to Peter, he was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, by which he preached to the spirits in prison, which once were disobediant during the days of Noah. Having read many near death experiences, I'm convinced that the righteous go to Paradise, "a place of learning or school or the spirits, in which everything they learned on Earth will be made [clear] to them." Origen said. It's a place where the righteous await judgment while the wicked remain in prison, or "the pit."

I say all this because thinking of a close relative ceasing to exist would be troubling for me. And "soul sleeping" is not what the first century Christians believed.

I recommend, if you're interested, a book by George D. Ritchie entitled Return From Tomorrow. After reading many similar accounts, this one not only is one of the most credible in my view; it's also very well written. You could easily get in to it even if there was no NDE. His description of running over the desert brush, increasing in speed and traveling through the air is amazing. He stopped in one small town on his way to Virginia and attempted communication with a living person, to no avail. He didn't know where he was, but later, after being reunited with his body, he and some friends drove through the town and George recognized it immediately. It was Vicksburg. His description of it at night was eerie. The town looked deserted. He said all the stop lights were blinking red and that there was a large blue neon sign advertising Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer and that there was a bar very close to it.

It's a very comforting book, especially if you read it with someone.

Best wishes.

• smiddy
    smiddy

My sincere condolences to you and yours

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit