Thoughts on how to approach (or NOT approach) our loved ones.

by Londo111 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Jam, isn't it interesting how the WTS harps about the "pressure of the world" but the pressure is really from within, isn't it? I wonder if it might help to insert comments about pressure in a conversation, as in "I am not putting any pressure on you to decide one way or another", or "Are you getting any pressure from other family not to see me? Is that pressure truly from Jehovah?"

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

So I made the mistake of being critical. In my defense, they were the ones that came after me and I was defending my reasons for leaving the cult. But now the damage is done. I should have just been evasive. They know I'm not disfellowshiped but they're still very cold. Is there any hope of undoing the damage and trying the gentle approach?

• jgnat
    jgnat

It might take a family crisis, Eben, to shake them out of it. Live your life large, keep an eye out for an opportunity to demonstrate generosity of spirit.

• Londo111
  • Londo111
    Londo111

That’s a good question, Eiben.

Talking with a person under mind control is like diffusing a bomb. Pull the wrong wire and—Boom! Can the bomb ever unexplode?

Hopefully one day they will wake up, realize they’ve made a huge mistake, and be ready to reestablish the relationship. After all, that is really what we desire the most.

• flipper
    flipper

Good thread. BTTT, Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Londo111

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit