Brilliant Robin Williams Quote

by Amelia Ashton 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

What does it say about people, w whom you feel alone? I'm wondering, cuz i knew somebody w whom i felt alone.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bump.

• irondork
    irondork

I'm glad you bumped this thread, Satanus. I missed it the first time through. And thanks for posting it, Amelia.

This quote is spot on! Gay folks don't really fit in to the Kingdom Hall environment. One elder stated proudly, "Homosexuals don't last long in Jehovah's organization."

However, this isolating environment doesn't stop with gays.

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

That quote can apply to so many situations and circumstances. peaceall paulnotsaul

• designs
    designs

Our lives Part I Life Part II is going much better.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Another reason why JWN, although not perfect, is a great place to heal and grow.

Despite different viewpoints we share a lot in common.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I wonder if this is another aspect of Dubnesia, which is the apparent fog many people are in while engaged in JW activities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpHPnPkM_Tk

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have been alone all weekend. It's pretty nice. I skipped Thursday night meeting, Saturday service, and Sunday meeting. I feel great. My wife asked me " How come when I talk about anything spiritual (tm), you shut down?" Maybe because I am tired of being around people who make me feel alone. People who I cannot even have an honest, secret free conversation with. I have been going to the KH to keep the peace, and to try and fade. Since I was alone, why go? I get zero spiritually. I sent my wife a text to check on her, and realized that she would know that I skipped the meeting. Did she notice? She texted back " So I guess you couldn't get to the meeting then :/ "

Texting: Making even long distance guilt trips possible.. I just ignored it, but I was so pissed. What would 00DAD say.. oh yeah, Let's review, It's a cult!!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

RIP Robin Williams.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

What a horrible pain to share. Skeeter...amen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit