Advise Please

by WildTurkey 20 Replies latest jw friends

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Im about to disassociate myself, and would like to know from those who have been disassociated , is there anything you would have done different before you disassociated yourself? Do you recommend writing a letter? I really don't want to write a letter, cause that is what they want you to do, and they will never give you anything in writing. Thanks for your input.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Can I ask WHY you wish to DA yourself? It would help me give you better advice from my point of view.

Kisses,
    Moe

UADNA - FL
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Florida Division

• mbst
    mbst

Why would you want that?

• Kismet
    Kismet

THis topic has been discussed a lot here and it all boils down to what do you want to accomplish by disassociating yourself.

Is it for closure? To vent? Some who have felt they 'should' disaasociate themselves realized that they were only doing it because the Society has told them they should.

I, for one, feel that they have no power over me or my spirituality. Why would I give them the satisfaction of me following their rules?

Another unfortunate truth is that most elders will not bother even reading the whole letter, especially if it comes in novel form. So if you are hoping to get some of the elders to think .. good luck!! LOL

So ask yourself, why do I want to disassociate myself? Much like this board, if you don't want to participate, simply stop posting. You don't have to make a formal request to be deactivated and make some public explanation. (This is not meant as a slam in any way)

So if you don't like the JW's or you disagree with them, simply stop playing by their rules (meetings, service, letters etc).

I know of some however that still need to write the letter wanting to have no formal or informal connection with that religious Organization.

There are a few samples of some very well written letters here. I will see if I can dig some of them up.

Kismet

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

The reason I want to disassociate myself is, I served as an elder for ten years, and things I did for the service desk, when I look back make me sick. Some nights I can't sleep, because of the people that have been hurt, wondering if I could have done something anything to help. The service desk, the GB don't care for their members, they only care how they look to the public. And I was used as one of their goons for a long time. I could tell you things just here on a local level that would make sick. I just don't want my name associated with Jws. Hope this helps.

• JeffT
    JeffT

When my wife and I disassociated ourselves in 1989, we wrote a very long letter. We did so, not because we wanted to change someone's mind or score points, or even to follow their rules. For us it was a written record that we left because we thought the Watchtower Society did not teach "the truth." If any witness ever challanges us with the usual nonsense they spread about apostates, that we are lazy, immoral, whatever, we can prove that that is not true in our case.

• rekless
    rekless

I DAed myself with a letter just because i wanted to be left alone. I did not want to see, hide or hair of or from them. I had a sufficiency, and my stomach was full; therefore, I pushed myself away from the table not waiting for desert..

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Don't give them the pleasure of a formal DA letter or anything. Instead, get your lawyer to send Brooklyn as well as your KH registered letters threatening legal action if they so much as try to speak to you again.

You will lead a peaceful life!

[SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa - For Great Justice!

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Turkey,

Personally, I would do it in a letter. I myself have drifted away so as not to cause any bad riffs between me and my parents or bring disgrace on the family name. Part of me would LOVE to DA myself, but my parents are well along in years and in poor health. If I were to DA myself, I would have to sever my ties with them and they won't live forever, no matter what they may think. So, I choose not to at this point in time.

If this is not an issue with you, I would do it in a nice letter, explain why as well - your last chance to get in the last word. Note also that you will not accept being called on, talked to or bothered EVER by another JW unless you initiate contact first. You can have the letter notarized and sent via certified mail, UPS or FedEx. This is what I would do and my advice to you. Hope this has helped.

Kind Regards and Hugs,
    Moe

UADNA - FL
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Florida Division

• avengers
    avengers
    wondering if I could have done something anything to help

The ones that would need your help would be in the organization. But if you da yourself you won't even be able to speak to them!!!

I don't da myself because I have kids in there. To be df'd or to da myself would just complicate things. Me myself for me I don't care. But for them. Think about it. But that's me , not you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit