I have disagreement with something I read about Bethel, need input

by Truth and Justice 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Hi to Everyone,

I have read on this site, that there really is'nt anymore invites to bethel, and yet my 2 nephews have just been invited. They are both serving as we speak. I do understand that there has to be somebody there for the matter of maintenance, plumbing, and etc., to just keep the building operational, and my personal opinion is that they aren't there for that reason. My nephews expertise would be in carpentry, because there father was in that kind of work.

I know that I have read reports on this site where there was a laying off of some 2000 brothers because of a slowing down of things like publishing, and lack of funds, and etc. I just think Jehovah's spirit is no longer with that organization, that is the reason. But any way, I do wonder.

I wish there was some information on this matter, maybe someone who has been there already, or there is some reliable info that I missed out on. I would like to think that there is no more invites. If there was something said about this already, I apologize for not keeping up to date.

In the meantime, everyone enjoy your day!!

"Happy Trails To You," Truth and Justice

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Good Afternoon Truth and Justice,

If you use the above "Search" and type in Warrick Bethel, you will come up with a post from a year ago by Andersoninfo, so it is very reliable.

From a year ago it states, 4094 at US Bethel, 563 temporary volunteers. 300 Volunteers at Wallkill to build large facilitys to be completed by 2014.

250 acres at Warrick, NY where The World Headquarters of The Governing Body's Jehovah's Witness Religion will be situated. (the last part, I added myself) lol

What happened to Armegeddon is right around the corner?

Governing Body: Do not get an education! You won't need one...(If you do)...

Governing Body: How dare you! Do you think you might be/are smarter than us?

We don't have a College Education or University Degree and we have done quite well for ourselves. Maids to clean our room, chefs to cook for us, Young,

strong, handsome Betlelites to drive us anywhere we want to go, millions of adoring fans, wait I got off topic (thinking of what a Great Life I Have)

Oh yes. Our Free Building Program...

Yes. We need talented and Trained Monkeys, I mean Workers,

Go pay and get trained as a Carpenter, then come back here so we can use you up, I mean use you, I mean..."We Like free labor" is our slogan". That way, You

can write back to your Friends & Family that you are working on Our House, I mean god's house, I mean quit being a smart ass, That's Our Job!

Remember, The world as we know it, is ending. God will destroy it, along with 7 Billion peope. But you have to build our free house, first, I mean our house

built with your money. I mean donations. Hey. Are you interviewing me? Huh? You better not be recording this or I will make sure you get DFed.

Me: Sounds like nightmare tactics to keep you down and out, so you will be sure to Listen and Obey Us or Else we are going to spank your little hinnie. lol

You have Yourself a Good Day

Happy Trails to You...Until We Meet Again...

Just Lois

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Jeehovahs spirit was never with that organization nor any other ever

• Dazed and confused
    Dazed and confused

I was at Bethel for almost five years. When I decided to get married, we decided to apply and stay. I knew many of the guys on my crew were going to leave, so I thought I would do the right thing and try to stay. I was told to go in the field and pioneer with my new wife, go to college to learn a skill and reapply with my new skill to further serve Jehovah. So I said, "So let me get this straight, I didnt go to college because the organization told me not to go. I come here and work for free for five years, which in that time I could be well on my way to a master's degree; but instead I came here. So now after my years of service, you want me to leave, pioneer (both my wife and I), support myself in the meantime, and go to college to get a skill that could be used by the organization? I thought the skills I was taught at Bethel were far superior to the ones that were taught in 'worldly colleges'." He said that I had a negative attitude. I just had to shake my head and walk away from him...disillusioned could hardly be the word to describe the next few years of life.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Consider that it can be very expensive to care for older volunteers. There's worker's compensation in case of injury, a pension and health care. I think the WTS tried to weasel out of any obligation, but they were not successful. It is much easier to cast out the mature volunteers to fend for themselves out in the "world", and replace them with younger, healthier, and cheaper replacements.

At least the Catholics offer a quiet seminary for their ageing nuns and priests.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

They are kicking out bethel staff and closing bethels down, evident in their own numbers.

What is The Watchtower Society in 2013?

It is nothing more than a property development porfolio.

What do property developers need?

Cheap/skilled labour in joinery, carpentry, decorating.....

What a coincidence that all Watchtower needs is young, FREE, skilled labourers! Also what a coincidence that these are the only careers it promotes! The god it supposedly worships built the universe, but he needs carpenters and joiners! Doctors, economists and lawyers he has plenty of (in the tribe!) Come on, it is that transparant! They have created their own free labour force at the expense of young people's lives. The joke is, that it is 3 years + of training to be a carpenter, the same as a law degree ! But apparantly it is more holy to cut wood in the rain on a roof!

What a shameful sham. I feel pained for your nephews, I am sure they are giving their youth up with a smile, I am sure they think it nothing less than the greatest privilage. I once also did the same. The second the society has made full use of them, they will be scooted off out the way for the next generation of brick carriers to arrive and eat the cheap food.

Snare x

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

hey jesus was a carpenter.. they are following jesus .. lol @ snare

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

He also had a beard...

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Dazed and Confused>>>>>>>>(Facepalm-shaking head) That is a very apt name you picked. I am sorry for all you have been thru.

If there is a happiness in this, it is that you and your wife are still young, when you awoke to the truth about the Truth (tm).

Isn't it bizarre. You are there 5 years, you want to stay with your new wife, you are offering up/sacrificing your young lives, for free and they tell you, no:

1. Go find a place to live, in a college town where rents are higher, where you can then

2. Wait, and sign up for College, hopefully, your chosen field is not heavily booked, then the wise F&DS, expect you to also to be a

3. 50 hour a month pioneer, or looked down upon as lowly R&F 10 hour pub or a hanger on 1 or 2 hours a month, and don't forget, you are also expected to

4. Have a 4 door car, which is an on going expense on its own, support the congo, study for meetings, go to said meetings, comment at meetings, give talks at meetings, while also

5. Studying to get a degree, so you can return to Bethel, and work for them for free. lol

Nothing has even been said about how you are going to get a job to pay for all of this.

Or if you even have time to breath. lol

Let alone have time to enjoy the wife of your youth.

How are you suppose to pay off your school loan, on the poverty pennance, they extend to you each month back at Bethel? You can't. You'll have to pay it off before you go back.

So maybe, the Bethel Elder felt he was setting you and other Brothers up, so you can come back to Bethel in 10 plus years, so Bethel can brag about how educated "their" Bethelites are, all on your dime, of course. lol

Bethel does NOT think Armegeddon is right around the corner. If they say it, it is said as a carrot for You to do more. They have got Big Plans for Their Future. You... Your a dime a dozen. If they keep You tired enough, You will do and believe everything they tell you.

CO's get every Monday off. When will you and your wife get a breather?

A heart felt Welcome to you and your wife.

Maybe start a new thread and tell us how things are and how you are coping. Vomit out what you need to. It's OK.

Dazed and Confused. We understand.

Just Lois

PS. I could have said the above in a Private Message, but not everyone checks their pm's.

Sorry if I have offended anyone.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    I was at Bethel for almost five years. When I decided to get married, we decided to apply and stay. I knew many of the guys on my crew were going to leave, so I thought I would do the right thing and try to stay. I was told to go in the field and pioneer with my new wife, go to college to learn a skill and reapply with my new skill to further serve Jehovah. So I said, "So let me get this straight, I didnt go to college because the organization told me not to go. I come here and work for free for five years, which in that time I could be well on my way to a master's degree; but instead I came here. So now after my years of service, you want me to leave, pioneer (both my wife and I), support myself in the meantime, and go to college to get a skill that could be used by the organization? I thought the skills I was taught at Bethel were far superior to the ones that were taught in 'worldly colleges'." He said that I had a negative attitude. I just had to shake my head and walk away from him...disillusioned could hardly be the word to describe the next few years of life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit