Top Ten most SHOPLIFTED items?

by Terry 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

I realize that such stolen items would have to be in some way PORTABLE and this eliminates most large items from the list. Still, I was surprised!

Does anybody have any thoughts as to whether this list is indicative of any SPECIAL NEED TRENDS among humanity today?

Grocery

Cigarettes

Energy drinks

High-end liquor

Infant formula

Over-the-Counter Medicine

Allergy medicine

Diabetic testing strips

Pain relievers

Weight loss pills

Health and Beauty

Electric toothbrushes & replacement heads

Lotions and creams

Pregnancy tests

Clothing

Denim jeans

Designer clothing/denim

Handbags

Electronics

Cell Phones

Digital cameras

Digital recorders

GPS devices

Laptops

LCD monitors & televisions

Home

High-end vacuums

KitchenAid mixers

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

In our local Co-Op it is coffee, washing powder and shampoos that are locked away in glass cabinets. If you want any of these products you have to take a ticket to the till and request them.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

old people steal batteries~ Seinfeld .. it's common knowledge... lol

• tiki
    tiki

cigarettes around here are always behind the counter and people have to ask the clerk to get them.....i totally see the infant formula - with so many babies born to people who don't really have the means to support a family...

i would anticipate it would take some planning to heist a big ole tv.......but, there are crooks out there sad to say...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Cigarettes

Addiction

Energy drinks

???

High-end liquor

Addiction

Infant formula

Social assistance

Allergy medicine

Meth Lab

Diabetic testing strips

Health care

Pain relievers

Addiction/Health care

Weight loss pills

Meth Lab

Electric toothbrushes & replacement heads

??? Like a frustrated lab monkey, I tried to pull these off a rack at Wal-Mart for a good five minutes before I caught on.

Lotions and creams

???

Pregnancy tests

Health care

Denim jeans

Vanity

Designer clothing/denim

Vanity

Handbags

Vanity

Cell Phones

Street value, mobility

Digital cameras

Street value, mobility

Digital recorders

Street value, mobility

GPS devices

Street value, mobility

Laptops

Street value, mobility

LCD monitors & televisions

Street value, mobility

High-end vacuums

???

KitchenAid mixers

Meth lab

• undercover
    undercover

Some places go overboard on trying to keep stuff from being lifted. I understand locking certain things up, or keeping them behind counters, but there is a point where you have to trust that the average person isn't there to steal you blind.

I was in an electronics store and they had a nice camera section. I was looking at a particular model I had read about. It was on the counter, in a long line with other models. They all had cables attached so you couldn't walk off with them. And that's okay. Makes sense. But they went a step further to make sure no one stole anything. I didn't know this - until - I picked the camera up to feel it in my hands. Red lights and alarms went off all over the damn place. At first I thought it was something else and then realized everyone was looking at me and pimply faced sales assistants were running toward me. I was fussed at for looking the item without a store rep present. I was embarrassed until I got my wits back and then I was mad. You got the damn things on a cable. All I wanted to do was pick it up and feel the weight and see how the controls were set up. Pissed me off to the point that I never went back in that store. Refused. I'd pay higher at a competitor before I'd go in there again. And then they went out of business. Nyahhh....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Here in Canada they keep the KFC behind the counter..

If you want any you have to ask for it..

...................................... mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• LV101
    LV101

Outlaw --- everytime I see that bucket of KFC I get hungry for the stuff/seriously! They've all closed down in my area --- actually, many have closed all over the city w/more following. Just plain wrong! Still like their mashed potatoes/gravy once in a blue moon.

I wonder if the other fried chicken fast foods sell the sides. They changed their fried-chicken recipe and caused some of their woes.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

In my local grocery store the infant formula aisle is equipped with a camera and an alarm bell that goes off if you enter the aisle. Of course, the bread is in the same aisle, so that alarm gets tripped frequently.

In another store the cold/heartburn/allergy meds (the ones that don't contain pseudoephedrine) are behind a special barrier that makes it impossible to grab more than one at a time.

Diabetic test strips are freakin' expensive! I asked the price for a box of strips, and it was $120! They keep them locked up. It's interesting that you can get the meter for free, but they screw you on the test strips.

• Lore
    Lore

I was expecting Small Condoms, Pregnancy Tests and Tampons to make the list just from people being to embarrassed to pay for them at the counter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit