I wrote a review for Anthony Mathenia's new book, Paradise Earth: Day Zero

by AndersonsInfo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Is this the JW version of the LEFT BEHIND series?

Serious question; I'm trying to understand what the idea is.

• donuthole
    donuthole

@Everyone

Thank you for the kind words! I'm very excited for volume 2 "Week One".

@Terry

The "end-of-the-world" happens and a JW congregation believes that it is the "armageddon" they have been waiting for. They try to make sense of what is happening based on their particular beliefs. Maybe for the first time they begin to see how horrific those beliefs really can be -- God is going to kill everyone but us. The events unfold through the eyes of a narrator who has sacrificed quite a bit for the sake of "the truth". Like many JW's he's depressed and waiting for "paradise" come to fix everything. Yet what if the carrot on the end of the stick is rotten?

Where Left Behind is told from an evangelical point of view, Paradise Earth is different. It's not meant to be preachy. Yes, the JW characters are religious and they do view things according to their Bible beliefs, but they also struggle with extreme doubts. It's a very honest book and I have received positive feedback from both theists and atheists.

• Giordano
    Giordano

If you have a Kindle or other e-reader, tablet even a PC you can down load the first two Chapters of Anthony's book for free. I was very impressed with the quality of writing and am now getting the entire first book. Will definitely write a review.

Sometimes well written fiction can provide a more penetrating view of a cult.

• NCO
    NCO

Thanks for posting the link, I downloaded and read it today. After 20 years out, a lot of memories really came back to me.

Can't wait to read more!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have a Kindle, I think I will check this out. I always liked these kind of end of the world type stories, which is probably why I got sucked into the Jaws. I loved The Omega Man and Soylent Green.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Carla,

Hi, maybe you can have the book sent to your work? Thats what I did when I was still in and bought a copy of COC by Ray Franz. Anyway, my book from Amazon arrived today. Peace, Lilly

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I bought this last night and have already finished it. A good read, very good, couldn't put it down. It captured the culture of the JWs perfectly, but something a non JW could understand and and enjoy also.

• donuthole
    donuthole

The Kindle edition of Paradise Earth: Day Zero is on sale for 99 cents for a limited time. Feed your apostate brain for the price of a McDouble!

http://www.amazon.com/Paradise-Earth-Day-Zero-ebook/dp/B00ARAMT0M

Also if you've read the book I was would be extremely grateful if you would leave a review on Amazon. Even just a couple of sentences is extremely helpful in getting the word out.

Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit