Governing Body, Faithful slave, or who?

by Chariklo 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I have a question. To most of you, this will seem elementary, and you'd think that after twenty months or so on this forum I'd know the answer, but I don't.

In this thread

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/family/244912/1/I-just-want-to-keep-them-alive

Lois Lane looking for Superman writes of "a Multi-million (if not billion)dollar Worldwide Real Estate/Publishing Firm" who freely sel their writings, collect donations, get Kingdom Hall property signed over to them etc.

now, here's my question. I hope it doesn't sound too naive, but, just WHO is behind this money-making, property (real estate)-acquiring body? I think this is really two questions, not one.

1. Who do they SAY is behind it, I.e. who do they want people to believe is behind it? And

2. Who is REALLY behind it?

Who gets the money. Who administers the land? Who owns the land and buildings. Who. Organises and administers the farms and their produce.

In other words, where, actually, really and truly, is the money and, most of all, the power?

Is there any real motive other than greed?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Is there any real motive other than greed?

I don't have an answer to your question, but what comes to mind for me is the thrill of the hunt. The Watchtower is very beast like in the way they operate their organization. Why do people steal money even though they are not desperate? Because they are looking for a thrill. Some people rob banks because they are bored. I would incorperate this concept into their motive. They are obviously psychopaths which means you would need to consult a highly trained psychologist in order to fully understand their actions.

Psychopathy ( / s a? ' k ? p ? θ i / is a personality disorder that has been variously characterized by shallow emotions (including reduced fear, a lack of empathy, and stress tolerance), coldheartedness, egocentricity , superficial charm, manipulativeness, irresponsibility , impulsivity, criminality, antisocial behavior , a lack of remorse, and a parasitic lifestyle. However, there is no consensus about the symptom criteria and there are ongoing debates regarding issues such as essential features, causes, and the possibility of treatment.

Simply put, they are parasites.

-Sab

• bigmac
    bigmac

Who is REALLY behind it?

the Vatican

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Interesting question.

I was just thinking of starting a thread on that myself.

I've been thinking for a while now that there is one or more individuals that long ago recognized WTBTS as the cash cow that it is and slowly, deliberately began taking the reigns.

I suspect they are a cadre of accountants and/or lawyers deeply embedded in the upper eschelons of the WTBTS. Probably they work in such a way as to make the GB guys think they're running things when in actuality it these people behind the scenes pulling the strings. (You don't really think Stephen Lett is running things, do you? C'mon, that guy's dumber than a box of rocks!)

The lawyers clearly make the policies that protect the corporation at all costs with complete disregard for individuals in the religion. I suspect that any lawyer or lawyers at the helm would have to have someone in accounting in on the scam to skim off funds.

And of course, they can easily do whatever they want by invoking phrases like, "It's Jehovah's Organization ... we must keep it clean!"

Although it's fun to speculate, I doubt we'll ever really know who controls this beast. We're more likely to find out who really killed JFK first!

00DAD

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Exactly. The money and the power are obviously not in those old men fronting it.

I bet someone on this forum has a shrewd idea. Shadowy wielders of power are very interesting, and very sinister. I suspect the actual answer's MUCH less visible ...and more real... than the Vatican, bigmac! Though it might seem every bit as unlikely

• 00DAD
    00DAD

So what do YOU think, Chariklo?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well if the other supporting actors suchs as those representing their legal and financial interests are on salary, then u have your answer

• jgnat
    jgnat

I worked for a large bureaucracy for most of my life. The WTS behaves exactly like a large bureaucracy. Here's the scary thing. Large corporations develop a life of their own, and very likely no-one is in charge. In fact, a large bureaucracy is harder to dismantle than a government. Gorbachev dismantled the USSR, but there is no way to shut down the WTBTS.

I recommend a careful reading of "Jonathan Cleaned Up - - Then He Heard a Sound" by Robert Munsch.

Here's a full description of the corporate structure, essentially three organizations in one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporations_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

• The WTBTS of Pennsylvania holds the copyrights and has the Governing Body.
    • Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. administers property and prints the magazine.
    • Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses runs congregation affairs.

Not one can operate without the other two.

What does a corporation live for? Continued existence at all cost.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

wha happened, like co's do's ect?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

the angels are behind all this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit