Why is music so different when you are drunk?

by on the rocks 13 Replies latest jw friends

• on the rocks
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No idea, I've only been drunk two times in my life over 20 years ago.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Same reason 5s become 10s

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The same reason people love places like Taco Bell when they are drunk.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Why do some people seem less objectionable when I am drunk?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

It ain't the music, it's your state of mind.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

you are different when you are drunk..... thats all..

• Satanus
    Satanus

Booze is a mental shock absorber. It softens everything for the brain - comfortably numb.

S

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I never get drunk.

My weakness is that I can't stop telling lies.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Moderate alcohol produces a state of mild euphoria, everything seems just a bit more fun. It is a central nervous system depressant, and helps you to temporarily to relax and not feel as much anxiety, which may help you enjoy things more. Sadly the effect is temporary, and if you over indulge, your anxiety may be worse the next day, creating a vicious cycle. In my experience, those who become dependent on alcohol often have some form of depression or anxiety, and they are self medicating with alcohol.

I knew a person casually who was telling me all about the bar she went to the night before. They had karaoke, and she and her friend had quite a blast, they were pretty good singers, she had even recorded the experience. She showed me the video, and it was pretty sad, it was just two drunks thinking they were rocking it, when actually they were just pathetic. I guess the moral is, never take videos of yourself drunk, that way you can preserve the illusion that you are smart, funny and talented when you are drunk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit