Not on JW.org: Canadian National Post; Jehovah's Witness Canadian Model CoCo Rocha interview

by Balaamsass 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have seen her model extremely revealing bathing suits, so I don't know what she has turned down that would have been any more revealing. I think when you are in the business your ideas of what is revealing/not revealing are a bit skewed. Her husband is not likely to object when she is bringing in that kind of money, and if she is donating to the JWs, they would be likely to let a lot of things slide also. So much of that is subjective, but I doubt the average JW would get away with it. I think she is actually quite ambitious, despite her claiming to be so very spiritual. If Elle offered her a cover, it would be quite a good thing for her career, very hard to turn down. I saw her on a model competition show as an advisor, she seemed like a very nice person, too bad she is wasting her time and money on a sham religion.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

OMG WHAT CONGREGATION IS SHE IN. CAUSE I WANNA GO THERE!!!!! I'll even volunteer to be her F/S partner. Honey I love you

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Sweet heart you can hold my hand, and you can wear revealing clothing.

• jdubsnub
    jdubsnub

I know coco personally. Believe it or not, she is a pretty "good witness." Honestly it amazes me.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

I can understand people getting bent that a "sister" is allowed to be in FS and claim to be a JW in a congregation AND be a supermodel when there are so many strict rules and pressure within the JDub world about such "modesty", etc. Sure, go ahead and get upset by the apparent double standard applied to CoCo Rocha or to a lesser degree the Williams sisters. But, I do not understand how people in this forum can be upset with the ladies involved here. Clearly they are doing what they want to, not harming anyone, and have a much more balanced view of the human body than the uptight "brothers and sisters" who make up all these rules on modesty and appropriate clothing/grooming/etc.

I think some of you are directing your anger in these cases at the wrong target.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

As long as Sister Rocha sends in her checks everything will be just fine.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It's ok to be part of the fashion world but God forbid a JW kid should ever go to college.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The WT adores wealthy celebrities. This is far worse than MJ'c crotch hold. She may not even be considered a JW by JW standards. How convenient to be a Witness to show one's character.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

She is so beautiful I'm glad she will keep her good paying job despite the objections of some hard line Jehovah 's Witness policy makers. You go girl!

• LogCon
    LogCon

If she attends a Vancouver congregation I may start going back to meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit