Not on JW.org: Canadian National Post; Jehovah's Witness Canadian Model CoCo Rocha interview

by Balaamsass 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Scene

Coco Rocha is a devout Jehovah’s Witness

Lilian Asante | Jan 17, 2013 2:10 PM ET | Last Updated: Jan 17, 2013 5:20 PM ET
    More from Lilian Asante

Coco Rocha has revealed she is a devout Jehovah's Witness. Dan Steinberg/The Associated Press Coco Rocha has revealed she is a devout Jehovah's Witness. What do Marc Jacobs and Jehovah’s Witnesses have in common? Coco Rocha.

The Canadian fashion model recently told Du Jour Magazine that she has been a devout member of the religion all her life.

Rocha, who renewed her devotion on her 21st birthday, says the key to balancing her faith and career is having an equally religious spouse, and making a few adjustments to her multi-million dollar modelling contract.

“My faith is everything,” said the 24-year-old model who has walked for designers such as Marc Jacobs, Anna Sui and Stella MacCartney. “There aren’t many Witnesses who are in the public eye. I can’t even name any. It’s hard sometimes when you’re there alone. You’re not there with someone who can hold your hand and say we’ll do this together.”

Rocha said she and her manager-husband James Conran enjoy going door-to-door with their congregation to share their beliefs.

‘It’s hard sometimes when you’re there alone. You’re not there with someone who can hold your hand and say we’ll do this together’

In her contract, Rocha makes it clear to designers that she will not wear revealing clothing, pose in suggestive positions with male models, or be associated anything religious or political.

Rocha admits that initially some designers were uncomfortable with adhering to so many clauses, but it has not affected her success. Last April she became the first high fashion model to have more than one million followers on Google+, while her portfolio includes 10,000 photos from the span of her career.

FacebookFind National Post on Facebook

• Balaamsass
      Balaamsass

Hummmmmm must be an interesting "morals" clause in that contract.......

• james_woods
      james_woods

Does her name remind anyone else of the Spanish word for "cockroach"?

• Balaamsass
      Balaamsass

That Tatoo outfit would certainly spice up a boring meeting and increase attendance!

• james_woods
      james_woods
      That Tatoo outfit would certainly spice up a boring meeting and increase attendance!

But of course, there is nothing "immodest" about it...

• okage
      okage

yeah...her career choice is unchristian as it focuses on vanity and outer beauty as important. i guess as long as she is bringing in large donations to the wts she gets a free pass.

sad when you see that michael jackson was disfellowshipped for being famous and this girl gets to claim good standing while painting her tatas on a magazine.

• maisha
      maisha

Nothing immodest at all,

time for a meeting in the back room .......

• kurtbethel
      kurtbethel

Those eyes, she looks like a corpse or a zombie.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
      Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I didn't see the body paint ones when I started the other thread. For someone who claims that her 'boobs are not hanging out', these are more than just out. They are out and fully exposed, covered only by a layer of body paint. Nothing wrong with having a sexy figure and showing it, but for a religion that frowns upon women wearing trousers to their meetings, you'd have to imagine that there were more than a few meetings about this in the back room. Of course they don't mind that she has a million dollar contract with Versace, so as long as her donations are appropriate to her wealth.

• Balaamsass2
      Balaamsass2

Any updates on this sister? I am sure some elders would like to make an ecouraging call.

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit