Has the Governing Body Learned Their Lesson From Longtime Witness A. H. Macmillan,

by frankiespeakin 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

So basicaly they are saying they agree with A H Macmillan, and so they will keep looking into the bible for more dates like Macmillan did.

Also about admitting to mistakes I think Macmillan meant when you have no choice you admitt your mistakes, but don't admit to mistakes if you still have wiggle room. And so if they have wiggle room the GB will not admit those mistakes only the ones they have no wiggle room and then it will be done in such a matter that while admitting to a mistake they will be patting themselves on the back for staying in expectation of the end and sending JWs to the doors to warn people to stay in expectation, wrong dates canceled out by good motives of expectation, no harm no foul. Everything is square with Jehovah who hates it when people don't stay awake and keep in expectation of his great slaughter, no charge can stick as long as they keep preaching and never give up no matter how many dates come and go.

• pixel
    pixel

I read Faith on the March. Whatever, JW apologist, nothing more.

I think the FDS/GB/WT had to write that in because they are feeling the heat of the Internet. They can't hide their past anymore.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Macmillan was a company man. He may have been under the delusion pretty heavy as to tell everyone at a convention that that would be his last talk, but he was a company man so he did what Russel told him to do when the 1914 date failed to materialize thier hopes.

So I guess the Governing Body will be company men down to the end and try thier best to keep the WT corporation a float dispited all the failed prediction it has a record of making.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The compelling reasoning of the Governing Body is not to look at failed dates as of any real consequence. Far more important than being a thousand years off in dateing the end, is obey jesus and saving lives(what about the blood ban?), even if the end never comes in anyones life time the most important thing is confidence the end will come:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20130101/should-you-fear-end-of-world/

Likewise, we have had some wrong expectations about the end. But we are more concerned with obeying Jesus and saving lives than with avoiding criticism. Jesus’ command to “give a thorough witness” compels us to warn others about the end.—Acts 10:42.

We believe that even more important than focusing on when the end will come, we must be confident that it will come, and we must act accordingly. We take seriously the words of Habakkuk 2:3, which says: “Even if [the end] should delay [compared to what you thought], keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.”

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would think that taking the words Habakkuk seriously they would also have to take into acount that the application of those words refer to an event way in the past and most certainly not about setting dates and keeping on in false expectation by a bunch of modern day bible thumpers.

I don't see anything in Habakkuk that the Governing Body could use in thier defensive position of "taking it seriously",, unless one stretches out the application to cover all instances of fail prediction based on a flawed and highly subjective bible interpetation but that is too much of a stretch. But it's a defense and so the tendancy to make a bible verse fit comes to the rescue in the apology for multiple accounts of false date setting.

Habakkuk:

""3 For [the] vision is yet for the appointed time, and it keeps panting on to the end, and it will not tell a lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.......""

I don't see anything in this scripture as applying to the false date setting end of the world senerio as taught by the Governing Body.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

LMFAO at punkofnice.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

The GB could care less about failed prophecy, as Knorr said, they are only worried of finding new members to fill the seats of people leaving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit