WatchTower 1/2013 Not THE END again?!

by BlindersOff1 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Another interesting video by "The Snarky Apologist" on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3aQH5xnzxA&feature=em-uploademail

• Londo111
    Londo111

A very excellent video! He spotted what AuntBee spotted as well.

Surprisingly, this quote made it through the Governing Bodies 70 point checklist. I'd love to see their reaction if this came to their attention.

• Emery
    Emery

This was an excellent video! My oh my why did the Watchtower quote this without thinking about the fact checking us "apostates" do?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Someone on this site suggested there may be an apostate or two on the writing committee; when you see a book like this quoted you have to wonder!

George

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Happy the end is here again

the skies above reign fear again

so let's sing a song of cheer again

cause the end is here again

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I can't watch the video right now. Can anyone give me a synopsis?

• Londo111
  • Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Great video! Thanks for posting this!

Just for the record, Christ talking about "the end" was in the context understood by the Jews, which was the END of the "appointed times of the nations" or the "END of the gentile times." It was NOT about Armageddon or the end of the world at-large. So just for the record, the "end" did occur as prophesied on November 30, 1947. That's when the "END of the gentile times" occurred.

The bible says this "good news" would be preached worldwide and then the end would come. Well, earlier in 1947 NH Knorr went literally on an around the world speaking tour, thus preaching the good news around the world and then the end did come later that year on Novembeer 30, 1947.

Kingdom Proclamation Surges Ahead

With a view to worldwide expansion, on February 6, 1947, the Society’s president and his secretary, Milton G. Henschel, embarked on a 47,795-mile [76,916 km] world service tour. The trip took them to islands of the Pacific, New Zealand, Australia, Southeast Asia, India, the Middle East, the Mediterranean area, Central and Western Europe, Scandinavia, England, and Newfoundland. It was the first time since 1933 that representatives of the Society’s headquarters staff in Brooklyn had been able to visit their brothers in Germany. Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world followed the two travelers as reports of the trip were published in issues of The Watchtower throughout 1947. (Proclaimers, p. 98)

So this came true, specifically! After the world-wide preaching by NH Knorr, proving the "good news" had reached worldwide by this time, then the "end" came on November 30, 1947. That "end" not being Armageddon as misunderstood by JWs, but the "end of the gentile times."

So as usual, the WTS gets things wrong, but the Bible remains true.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Yes, they always get it wrong!!! Now that I am free to read any Christian literature I want, I can see how much of what JW's consider "new light" it is stuff that has been known, believed or preached by Christians for centuries.

• JWOP
    JWOP

That is rich! I posted a link to that video on all my social networking sites, LOL! Toooo funny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit