• wasblind
    wasblind

The problem is dependin' on where those signs are placed

they could be over looked , which is no fault of the Witness

I live in the south, Most signs are place in areas

that become over grown

Hard to explain to an irrate householder. All you can do

is back up and get the hell out of dodge. Hopefully in one piece

Oops, I keep gettin' weak in the faith . I forgot, Big brother Angel got my back

• not bitter
    not bitter

Well I remember being told to ingore those signs of no callers or canvasers because tecnically we weren't selling anything

• steve2
    steve2

Did the JWs know about this woman's situation? Shame on them if they did. Otherwise, their cheery greeting is pretty harmless. God knows we hammer the JWs when they arrive on the doorstep moaning and groaning about the negative state of the world and lambast them when their opening lines are positive. Surely give these glorified magazine-sellers a break.

As for the suggested letters to the branch: Talk about legalistic and stuffy-minded overkill. Lighten up. We're talking door-knockers - not burglars.

• not bitter
    not bitter

steve2 - they didn't know about her situation.

I'd say half of the people commenting on her thread are saying that its best to politly tell witnesses that they're not interested and close the door and that there is no need to be rude. And the other half are ranting that you should shout abuse at them and how dare they be so rude as to push religion on their property.

There appears to be quite a few JW's, ex-JW's and people with JW family.

I have only just discovered the forum today and when I search on Jehovahs Witnesses there are plenty of threads so I'm ploughing through them. Its really interesting to get views and experiences outside of JW.net.

• jgnat
    jgnat

A kindler, gentler refusal?

Name

Address

[Local Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses]

DO NOT CALL

To whom it may concern,

Please mark our address on your “Do Not Call” list. If anyone from your congregation should call on our address we will treat it as a willful trespass.

• not bitter
    not bitter

yes quite a few people have suggested the 'do not call list' which I think this lady is going to do

• moshe
    moshe

Dear Kingdom Hall-

I have gone green and recycle everything possible. If you want to drop anything off (out of date meat in due season), I will gladly put it in the green recycle dumpster-

have a nice day.

moshe

• steve2
    steve2
    I have gone green and recycle everything possible. If you want to drop anything off (out of date meat in due season), I will gladly put it in the green recycle dumpster-

You are on to something very noteworthy moshe: Watchtower literature is highly suitable for recylcing. For the most compelling proof, look no further than the reliable way Watchtower writers repeatedly recycle the same old tired articles, year after year, decade after decade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit