2nd half of interview with Sharon Roe

by seven006 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

Thanks for posting this. A very sad situation.

I tried to get some counseling in the late seventies, and was told I should see an elder instead. The reasoning was that a counselor would teach me things not found in the Bible that would not be good for me. I don't recall hearing anything about demons.

The "71 years" comment threw me for a moment too, then I figured out that he was dating it from the time they became "Jehovah's Witnesses".

And there isn't a lot of real academic study of witnesses out there. Maybe there should be.

• sf
    sf

Thank you for the update.

{{{{Dave}}}}(you deserve one too)

My inquiries:

1) With all of Mr.Bryant's "concerns" in his congregation, is it known if he ever sent any type of 'advise seeking" letter to the governing body? If so, was one sent in return, by New York...stashed somewhere?

2)In order to actually receive their "medication", such as my mother receives, aren't they required to see the doctor for a session or two? Or how does that work, basically or percisely?

3)I'm curious if he and/or his wife had a computer in their home (both homes), set up to the net, at any time, and if in fact anyone has looked at stored files, webpages, etc.? I'm wondering if he was also surfing apostate sites, perhaps, discovering what was really going on inside the org.

4) Didn't he say that it was JESUS who it was who ultimately spoke to him re: his "anointment"?:

"Bryant eventually decided the experience meant that Jesus Christ had anointed him for a special purpose. But his belief that he was one of the "elect" souls who would accompany Jesus to heaven put him at odds with his fellow elders."

Why then did the brothers say "JEHOVAH" would have choosen us". That just struck me. JESUS OR JEHOVAH MAKES THE CHOICE? I'm Confused now.
    ---------------
    Sharon,

You are a brave person. This has got to be so painful, yet there you are, in action, telling the community TheTruth about this cult/sect.

I was disfellowshipped nearly 25 years ago now and still feel the sting of the stabbing rejection and abandonment just as it was yesterday.

Yet, lately I've come to realize the fact that others clearly went through and are going through much worse than I ever did. I'm not minimizing my life experience in that cult, or how it has devastated my altruism and any real connections I ever had with "god" (spiritual Rape), but I surely haven't gone through what I have witnessed from being on the net for awhile now. I'm sorry I was ever a part of it.

I wish you all as well as you can be.

Looking forward to your visit here too.

Take this {{{{hug Sharon}}}} and remember it when you need one.

Sincerely, sKally

• outcast
    outcast
    You and I need to get together so I can put a little sunshine in your life.

Jesus you need to get laid!

Farkel,

I think you're being hit on.

• sf
    sf

Perhaps my inquiries were overlooked.

Hello....

• seven006
    seven006

SF,

sorry I did not check back to this thread until now. I will try to answer your questions.

1. From what I understand he had received such a negative response from the elders in his congregation as well as his parents and siblings he started to do his own personal bible reading and relied on that. I have not heard anything from Jeb that would indicate that Sharon told him that Robert had any communication with the GB directly.

2. I do not know the answer to this question.

3. Again, I have not heard anything that indicated that Robert had a computer or had ever looked into the Internet.

4. I believe Robert felt that it was Jehovah that had given him the message of being a chosen one. Being told his whole life that Jehovah will answer his prayers I guess he looked at what he felt he had heard as just that. The elders in his congregation took it upon themselves to decide that Jehovah did not talk to Robert because they felt they were more worthy of this than he was.

Sorry I couldn't give you more information. I will post more as I find out more. Until Sharon gets the letters you all wrote I do not think I will be hearing much more about all of this.

Take care.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit