2nd half of interview with Sharon Roe

by seven006 24 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Sad case for sure. The JW's are in a double bind. The JW dogma says secular success = failure and reality says secular failure = failure.

If you stay in the group you are restrained and if you leave you are shunned.

Doesn't leave much room to live a rational, healthy life.

gb

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    The Watchtower religion is not 71 years old and any dub will seize upon that and claim, "lies! You LIED about us!"

Yes it is! Jehovah's Witnesses were founded in 1931 by Joseph Rutherford. Before that, they were known as Bible Students.

--
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

• JT
    JT

funky

you do have a point on that one,

smile

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

This whole sitution is unbelievable. How terribly sad a story it is. My heart aches each time I read a posting here about this dear family. And Sharon's heart must be aching badly, having to deal with the families death and the media as well. They may really never know what sent Robert over the edge. Some tragedies are not explainable. If the reasons were because he could not support his family. I believe as many have already expressed, that being raised as a JW you were not considered mature if you sought out a better education of higher learning.
    I am trying to rationalize that in my mind, but then I say to myself that in the org. there are doctors lawyers and they reside in the Bethel. Well where the hell did they get their degrees if they hadn't pursuded a higher education. Why should it be alright for some to have a higher education and others not. To me it boils down to two sets of standards. If it is advantageous for the WT Society to have someone that is a doctor or a lawyer then why can't other JW be allowed to pursue what they want to do in their private lives. It is deplorable that some witness families live in poverty while others prosper. I know darn well that some of these doctors and lawyers who live and work at Bethel were given the same counsel us the rest of us.
    So whats up? Double standards. If Robert had had a betther paying job maybe he would not have felt desperate.
    And then Robert felt he was of the anointed. God can call anyone at anytime to be of the anointed. May be the fact that he was mocked was humilation he could not endure. So many questions but very few answers. Dave thank you for keeping us up to date on this. If you are talking to Sharon give her my love.
    Thank God that God is our judge and not men.

• seven006
    seven006

Farkel,

Has anyone ever told you that you have a negative personality? Don't you get enough ice-cream in your diet? Did little puppies refuse to play with you and piss all over your baby shoes when you were a toddler? Lighten up dude, if this keeps up Santa Clause is going to blow you off again and give all your Christmass toys to Charles Manson.

You and I need to get together so I can put a little sunshine in your life. Try to look at a few positives in your existence like the fact that you were never married to MY ex-wife and you can still piss standing up. Take a deep breath, sit your butt down in a big over stuffed Lazyboy and realize that this article is just one part of one persons observation about one single tragic event. Coming from someone who has never been a JW and is trying to grasp the concept of what it must have been like to not only be a JW but to try and exist as an EXJW I think he did a pretty good job. I know David Bates and he is one damn good reporter.

If there are a few not-dead-on-target comments I wouldn't get my depends all in a bunch. Look at the big picture Doug. Look at what this one small town newspaper has done to try and expose the issue of shunning and the corrupt mindset of the Watchtower society. If there where a few not 100% accurate statements find me one newspaper in this country that prints only absolute facts about anything. I know for a fact that both David and Jeb did a lot of research about the JW's before this two part article came out. Who else has taken the time to do that? Who else has given a shit about the plight of the exJW's.

All the news cameras and other reporters gave up on this story a week ago once it wasn't hot news anymore. You are one resourceful guy, instead of nit picking why don't you get on your computer and send copies of these articles to other magazines and news papers across the country to try and get the message out in a much larger scale?

Jesus you need to get laid!

Sharon Roe lives in California and someday she just might visit this board. When she does you have to promise to be a good boy and check some of your negativity at the door or I'm gonna whack your pee pee. You are not ready to play with nice people yet, you still have a few more classes at obedience school left to finish with the rest of the pit bulls.
    I only talk to you this way because your my buddy and I know I can kick your ass.

SO, chill out, take a lude, and try to say only positive fluffy kitty bunny things in response to me. I'm a sensative guy ya know.

I wonder if the exMorman board has a Farkel?

Take care,

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

Yardstick,

There you go again with your in-depth synopses of any comment that doesn't paint the Watchtower society as the Disney Land of all religions. Coming from an inactive JW who never goes to meetings but instead comes to an EXJW board to practice the art of being a pain in the ass your comments have no merit with anyone.

The man thought God was talking to him, what's the big shock here? Do you think that God only talks to the twelve stooges you worship back in Brooklyn? BTW, did you know that one of those 12 stooges you worshipped so devoutly was gay? You hate gays and have said so many times. Leo Greenlees, one of your beloved members of the governing body was gay as they come and use to have new young JW boys that were freshly planted back at Bethel as room mates. I know this for an absolute fact because I knew one of these young boys and visited him when I went back there. He was from my congregation here in Oregon and when I visited him he told me how Leo's last room mate was kicked out of Bethel for getting other young JW boys drunk and introducing them to his flesh thermometer. This young JW boy told me this while I stood in his and Leo's apartment living room. This is not some trumped up story I had heard and repeated to try to make the society look bad this is something I heard directly from Leo's new roommate, in person, in their apartment. I have also had this fact confirmed by several exBetelites who knew Leo and knew about his little secret.

So much for the JW concept of keeping the congragation clean!

Leo was not as secretive as he should have been about his unJW like conduct and was secretly removed from the governing body and sent to live in seclusion in New Orleans until he died. When people asked what happened to one of the governing body members "good old Leo" and why he was no longer at Bethel they were told "not to ask."

Go ahead Yardstick, call your beloved Mecca Bethel and ask them why Leo Greenlees left. I dare you!

I don't see why you think it is odd that a man who thought he had the heavenly calling thought he talked to God when you acted upon things in your life based on the conversations with god that a gay governing body member who thought he talked to God decided you should do as a JW. I guess you have the authority to decide who really thinks they talk to God and who doesn't. I have a few gay friends but I never worshipped them like you and all the other JW's did with Leo nor have I ever condemned their life style behind their backs or tried to pretend they were not who they are.

As I have said to you many times before, get off the damn fence, choose a side and then shut the hell up.

Take care old guy and tell your beautiful wife we all said hi.

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

Patio,

Yes, the papers were for the grandparents to have legal rights to visitation of the grand children so that they could be taken to the meetings. The court denied them.

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

Orange,

I have not spoken with Sharon as of yet. The funeral home that took care of the service has the contact with her and I will be giving the messages to her from this board that I printed out to Jeb and he will get them to the funeral home director to forward on to her. I put in a cover letter to her inviting her to this site and I gave her my phone number so that she can get in touch with me.

Because of the sensitivity and public exposure of this story I have not asked for Sharon's phone number nor has Jeb or any of the people from the funeral home given it out. They highly respect Sharon's privacy and I definitely respect and go along with their wishes. If Sharon wishes to contact me I'm sure she will.

Sharon had told Jeb that she is ready to start visiting some exJW discussion boards and get more involved in exJW issues. I'm sure because of the emotional drain she and her family has just been through that it will be a while before she is ready for this little group.

Take care,

Dave

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

Farkel,

I have to differ with you on something you said regarding the counseling. I have heard witnesses say that going to a "worldly" counselor is dangerous because they promote "independent, selfish" thinking. And I am 34, although I wasn't sure what difference her age made.

Shimmer

Maybe being oneself is alway an acquired taste.-----PATRICIA HAMPL

• seven006
    seven006

Ya Doug, what Shimmer said!
    You must have gone to a lot of concealing Doug, your the Ralph Nader of JW.com

I just love giving you shit!

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit