JW,s are told to investigate this site or similar sites to overcome objections.

by jam 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JWs aren't trained to handle "apostate objections" and never will be.

Absolutely true. They are trained to scream and run away (fast) when the first potentially apostate idea surfaces in a conversation. The amazing thing to me is that you can actually limit your comments to ONLY WT publication quotes, and they will still pull the apostate card on you! WTF? At what point does old WT literature become "apostate"??

This is exactly what Elders are being trained to do. Ask the "Loyalty Questions" and if you answer them wrong, no further discussion needed, as it is evident that you are not looking for sincere answers. You have gotten involved in apostacy and left the Christ and Jehovah. And we all know that if you leave Jehovah. . . . . he will leave you. There's your problem! Jehovah has LEFT YOU because of your apostate beliefs! He's removed his Holy Spirit from you. NO surprise that you are so confused about it all, because Jehovah has cast you off for partaking of the Table of Demons!

Doc

• steve2
    steve2

hi jam, your scenario is an interesting one because, as uncommon as it is for individual JWs to check out other views, nonetheless they do - and we're proof that not all JWs are unable or unwilling to think matters through and leave for reasons other than apathy.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

It took me a good 6 months as an apologist for things to finally sink in. I would come to this and other sites to strengthen my faith. I think it depends on a few factors, - stubbornness is one I had to over come to wake up.

Well, it's never a good idea to read one's critics if you want to maintain one's beliefs.

Jesus talked about planting faith in good soil for it to grow. If one sows doubt, one may very well reap disbelief. That doesn't mean one should close one's eyes to critics; but there are problems with all religions, including atheism. I had a professor who was an atheist, and he intellectually abused Christians and Jews. And he convinced a few evangelicals to abandon their beliefs. He had us read Holy Blood, Holy Grail and The Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus. (He didn't tell us that Camus renounced his atheism shortly before his death and even contemplated becoming a Catholic priest.)

Even though JWs can accept that their religion is false, many have it drilled into their heads that if the WTBTS isn't true, then nothing is. So they abandon all religion, which is regrettable. It's best to start out with a clean sheet of paper and putting all the BAD doctrine that the JWs teach behind you. If you study the various prophecies without any help from the Governing Body and the Watchtower editors, you'll find that a whole new world opens up, and you'll be amazed at how accurate the prophecies are, and how bad the scriptural exegesis the JWs teach is.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm not sure it would be that high unless a chain reaction were to start of people leaving. I don't think that would happen.

Let's be honest. I don't think that even 80% of JW's are hardcore believers. They do what they can to stay in good standing and enjoy the social aspect of being a JW.

• goddidit
    goddidit

"there are problems with all religions, including atheism"

Atheism isn't a religion.

• WTDeserter
    WTDeserter

Where is the information from? I mean that JWs should investigate apost8 sites?

• jam
    jam

WTDeserter: Sorry to mislead you, but as I stated "just wishful

thinking". This will never happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit