JW,s are told to investigate this site or similar sites to overcome objections.

by jam 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jam
    jam

How many would remain as JW,s in fact how many would continue to

believe in God? I estimate 75% would leave the cult and

50% would become non-believers (belief in God). There is no

doubt there would be a massive exodus.

I estimate after 6 months of investigating the topics here and

looking at the indisputable facts the WT would be first known

religious organization to go down in flame in one generation.

Just wishful thinking, we know this will never happen.

• jam
    jam

Ok, misleading topic, I know you were excited. LOL

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

JWs aren't trained to handle "apostate objections" and never will be. The Apostate universe is far too small for them to be concerned with, and of course is kryptonite to the average JW.

They are trained to handle the silly little objections from "Christendom" like hell fire, trinity, what happens when you die, etc. Of course, most are completely inept at even handling this stuff, thus their horrible results in converting people. (1.7 billion hours last year, less than 300,000 baptisms?)

Its all about INFORMATION CONTROL

• wasblind
    wasblind

Jam, I'm LMAO

I estimate after 6 months of investigating the topics here and

looking at the indisputable facts the WT would be first known

religious organization to go down in flame in one generation._____Jam

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

It would be nice. It took me a good 6 months as an apologist for things to finally sink in. I would come to this and other sites to strengthen my faith. I think it depends on a few factors, - stubbornness is one I had to over come to wake up.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

JW,s are told to investigate this site or similar sites to overcome objections.

• jam
    jam

Yes you are right, just a pipe dream. It would be to hard to

convince the RF that Satan don,t run this site, demons and

other little evil creatures won,t infect your PC. We can,t have

those little creatures disrupting your household.

• steve2
    steve2

You unintentionally flatter the JWs. Your scenario suggests the main thing standing in the way of JWs investigating this or similar sites is Watchtower injunctions to avoid these sites like the plague. I respectfully suggest you are wrong. You are far too optimistic about the "average" JWs motivation and/or ability to sift through more than one simplistic side of a topic.

I'd guess that, even with permission granted, a sizable proportion of JWs could not even be bothered to investigate other points of view, let alone opposing ones. In fact, God knows the large numbers of JWs who find it too much of a mental strain to even read the basic fodder in Watchtower publications in the first place. Although unkind, it would not be inaccurate to sum up the "average" JW mentality as dulled and lacking curiosity about other points of view.

In its more than 140-year-history, the Watchtower's main enemy has never been apostasy; instead, it's biggest enemy is apathy and specifically, member apathy. Most JWs who leave do so out of sheer boredom rather than anything more active going on with their brains.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

well hopefully they would go to site ,like jwlinfoline,or towertotruth,as well as this one if they dont have christ and all they have is knowing the wt is a lie than sure many would become atheist,sadly that happens. if you take away the wt,and you have nothing sure you will believe in nothing,but if you leave the wt and have jesus than you have everything!

• jam
    jam

steve2, point well taken. Too much of a mental strain to investigate, very

sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit