Are Jehovah's Witnesses a hierarchical religion? And does it matter?

by cedars 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthlover
    truthlover

yes, most definitely - and their legal eagle in the Candace Conti case said so!!

Also, in the August 15, 2012 WT on page 31 there is a background picture of the pyramidology chart -- seems like they are slowly instilling the pict in your mind... then the "explanation" will come

• Pterist
    Pterist

For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned. Matthew 12:37

They now must apply their own standards they applied to the RCC to themselves.

Shalom

• tec
    tec

For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned. Matthew 12:37

Powerful verse.

Peace,

tammy

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Funny that this religious publishing house has a working pyramid scheme within it.

Even more ironic that the WTS. main product it sells is Jesus Christ who never been seen or

any of his actions that he was suppose to do according to the WTS.

The WTS. has a long history of selling promises which never came true, but nevertheless sold millions pieces of their literature.

Something unique with religions is that there always a no warranty, no return, no refund policy actively intact.

• Pyramid Scheme
  • AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Well written

Suggestion - seeing as readers are often lazy or stuck for time - I include myself ;-) - include 'ripped' portions of the Menlo Park transcript about 'hierarchy.' If you think it will clutter up the article, have a link to an 'endnote' image (if that makes sense) - you know, like the way Marvin Shilmer sometimes does it.

As always, just a suggestion which you can take or leave.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks AnnOMaly - that's a fantastic suggestion. I've amended the article accordingly.

Cedars

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Goodness me! Quick or what? There are no flies on you!

• shadow
    shadow

Cedars,

I know how you value my opinion so here it is, overall pretty good, however:

I think your chair obsession is a bit of a distraction from the point.

GB are recognizable because it probably was a picture of them so why wouldn't it look like them?

Jesus isn't in the picture because it is obviously the chariot in Ezekiel and Jesus wasn't in that vision.

Otherwise a valid argument and the similarities between JWs and Catholics are rather disturbing.

The scan of the court document is excellent.

Shadow - part of the JW loyal opposition

• cedars
    cedars

shadow

I think your chair obsession is a bit of a distraction from the point.

It's not an obsession - merely an observation. After all, a picture paints a thousand words.

GB are recognizable because it probably was a picture of them so why wouldn't it look like them?

They didn't need to make themselves recognisable for the purpose of the illustration. Several old men sat around a table would have sufficed.

Jesus isn't in the picture because it is obviously the chariot in Ezekiel and Jesus wasn't in that vision.

The Governing Body wasn't in the vision either as I recall. Nevertheless, they are depicted.

Otherwise a valid argument and the similarities between JWs and Catholics are rather disturbing.

Thank you.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit