Is God to blame for pedophilia?

by WTDeserter 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTDeserter
    WTDeserter

With all the waves made my pedophilia in the Catholic Church and the WTS I did a small research to see what is written in the Bible about the matter, and was surprised to see pedophilia is not in the “thou shalt not” list.

There are some verses that indirectly suggest not to do such a thing: “And whosoever shall offend one of [these] little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.” - Mark 9:42.

But pedophilia is not clearly condemned!

The Bible clearly condemns (among others) sex between, man - man, woman - woman, man - beast, woman - beast, etc. But pedophilia is not in the list, it doesn't say: You should not lay with a child as you would lay with a woman.

And this is true for both the OT and NT.

I have not read the Koran, but with Mohamed having Aisha as his wife at age 9, I would assume the Koran doesn’t condemn pedophilia either. So this would be true of all Abrahamic religions.

Did I miss something, perhaps there is a verse hidden somewhere, or is God to blame for pedophilia for not clearly setting guidelines, commandments on the subject?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Since god is a construct of the human mind he has nothing to do with it. Some people think it is actually a behaviour that is hardwired into some individuals.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-11/cfaa-pmb112707.php

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

the bible doesnt say thou shall not jump head first from a tree to the ground, come on just the thought a person would even think of blaming god is crazey.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jehovah is responsible for making children ashamed and scared of sex. Anything pleasurable leads to damnation--and they constantly drum in those hang-ups into children. To me, that is one form of molesting them. If nothing else, it makes whatever pedophile that finds the children able to do worse damage, adding shame and guilt to whatever they are able to do. No joke-hova, no shame and guilt on the children.

I will add a few other things joke-hova is responsible for. One is slavery. Racial slavery is joke-hova's fault. After all, who was it that decided that the people minding their own business in Africa were property to be plundered, waddled into that continent, seized the people, and sold them into slavery at their own profit? People influenced by joke-hova. Most other forms of widespread slavery are influenced by joke-hova. Rules against operating machinery or doing your own work on the Sabbath meant people of other races and faiths (black, white, and Asian) had to do the work while their lords got to sit back and enjoy the fruits of the labor, abusing the slaves to extort more work out of them). Notably, nowhere does the LIE-ble speak out against this kind of abuse.

Another is forcing populations to believe the LIE-ble. Christians are notorious for going into foreign lands and doing whatever it takes to recruit people into their religion. Some of these practices are too graphic to detail on this forum, but they include raping children. Kidnapping is also involved--including holding children for ransom as well as adopting them to be raised Christian. Whole populations have been slaughtered, including children, simply because of a belief that one of their ancestors was a Satanist. Joke-hova was responsible for that.

And this joke-hova is responsible for much senseless hate. Women are second class citizens--what have women as a group done to deserve to be exterminated, enslaved, or put down? Nothing, except perhaps because those following joke-hova see them as another group to be exploited. And what about homosexuals? People that choose to have sex with members of the same sex are shamed and guilted. Again, what have they done, as a group, to deserve to be mistreated? They are, for the most part, simply minding their own business. Someone forcing homosexuality upon straight people--usually influenced by joke-hova--needs to be put in their place. But just practicing it?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

wizard i asked you before were they kidnapped or sold?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

: Is God to blame for pedophilia ?

No he's more for the promotion of murdering children, particularly first born and children from other tribes.

Apparently he's going to whack a billion more come Armageddon and let their corpses be eaten by birds and animals.

• mP
    mP

WTDeserter:

The Bible clearly condemns (among others) sex between, man - man, woman - woman, man - beast, woman - beast, etc. But pedophilia is not in the list, it doesn't say: You should not lay with a child as you would lay with a woman.

mP:

Firstlty you are assuming morality that does not exist in the OT. No where does the Bible condemn lesbianism, the word or concept is not discussed at all. If you can even find the word or something similar please show the scripture.

Personally i think this is because women are ultimately property and if a man wants it, then she cannot refuse thus her preference does not matter as she has no privlege of free will. We can see this right exercised by Abraham on Hagar as a simple example. He is free to do whatever, her will is irrelevant in all their interations. THere are many laws that demonstrate this right of man over women, and rape is perfectly acceptable as that is his right.

Pedophilia was perfectly acceptable in olden times just like slavery. In Greece is was the norm, every boy had a mentor who also loved him. ROme was the same, providing the class bioundaries were respected. It was fine for the better man to give but never to take. There are examples where Julius Caesar is made fun of because he supposedly was the taker and not the giver when he visited some other king.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_caesar

"Caesar may have conquered the Gauls, but Nicomedes conquered Caesar." [126] According to Cicero, Bibulus , Gaius Memmius , and others (mainly Caesar's enemies), he had an affair with Nicomedes IV of Bithynia early in his career. The tales were repeated, referring to Caesar as the Queen of Bithynia, by some Roman politicians as a way to humiliate him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_ancient_Rome

Roman men were free to enjoy sex with other males without a perceived loss of masculinity or social status, as long as they took the dominant or penetrative role. Acceptable male partners were slaves , prostitutes , and entertainers, whose lifestyle placed them in the nebulous social realm of infamia , excluded from the normal protections accorded a citizen even if they were technically free. Although Roman men in general seem to have preferred youths between the ages of 12 and 20 as sexual partners, freeborn male minors were strictly off-limits, and professional prostitutes and entertainers might be considerably older.

We live in a very different world, dont assume pedophilia was "bad" in those days, that concept is relatively new.

A little research will find many other examples and proofs that show anybody claiming otherwise is a liar or ignorant.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Pedophiles strike in religion because it is a playground for them. They can get into positions of trust and have easy access to children. And with religions doing their best to cover up pedophilia, it makes it even easier for them.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Pedophiles are to blame for pedophilia, no matter what they claim to believe.

• MsD
    MsD

Pedophiles are disgusting individuals. Just because the Bible doesn't condemn it directly doesn't mean it's OK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit