Is it wrong to stay in?

by confusedteenager 29 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

I'm still in. My family and lifelong friends are all JWs. It's hard because you have to play the game. Pretend. If you can live with it and don't want to lose anyone it can be done. I have a safety valve because my hubby knows exactly how I feel and doesn't push me, he leaves me to my own devices. If I can't stomach going for a while then I don't. FS is at an absolute minimum I can get away with and keep under the radar. So far it's worked for me and I've been mentally out for over a year now.

• wasblind
    wasblind

You have to do in accord to your own circumstance. When I was a bible study.

I was warned about stickin' to traditions of men, once I learned

the so-called truth

I guess that can fly both ways

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi confusedteenager, Put your time to good use while you are still considered a good JW. Get a good education and job, and learn how to help awaken those who you love without getting Df'ed.

I would suggest reading Steve Hassen's books ( "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones to Leave Controlling People, Cults, and Organizations"), and visiting Steve Hassan's website, visiting websites like JWfacts, reading threads like 'The BEST way to "wake up" a JW', and posting regularly on JWN for emotional support and additional ideas. If you own a Kindle, you can buy the "Freedom of Mind" (his latest book) as an e-book on Amazon.com.

The Best of Wishes in making and living with your decision(s).

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's only wrong to stay in if you don't want a lifetime of wasting talents, the most tedious and dead work on the planet, destitution for the balance of this life, having your soul programmed to be poor and miserable in all future lives, and being damned to be trapped in each and every future life moving forward.

• Pink sapphire
    Pink sapphire

Just asking, but

if you stepped away, what would you feel?

how would this differ from what you now feel?

I have a favourite saying which always inspires me, it is, if you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

Think about it. You have the answer.

• jam
    jam

Changes in the borg will only come by those inside. It

appears there are many in the borg that knows it,s BS,

but because of family members they stay. It,s difficult to

stomach the meetings after you have learn the truth about

the truth. I admire you who is still in for love of family.

The question, what can be done while you are still attending.

I believe you are the ones that will have the greatest effect

in the borg. So to answer your question, stay in as long as you

can stomach it.

• confusedteenager
    confusedteenager

Thank you everyone for the great advice. I'm going to take it all into consideration. For the time being though, I really think the best option is for me to "fake it". I am baptized, regular pioneer, and just recently graduated from High School. I'm not in college, so looking for work has been very difficult, but I am on the prowl. I do think that I love my family too much to leave, along with the fact that I still am not entirely sure that I disagree with everything in the organization. I agree with what some said--I want to be 100% sure about how I feel before I make any rash decisions.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You sound stronger than you did at the start. Not a coward; a man with a plan. It is so much easier to make an informed decision when you are not in a dependent situation, you have a broad range of friends (in and out), and money in the bank.

• confusedteenager
    confusedteenager

Very true indeed.

By the way guys, I'm a girl. Lol. Just thought I'd point that out.

• bsmart
    bsmart

One of the reasons I left after I graduated high school, was I knew that I couldnt take the subjection thing... The guys were so not what I wanted in a husband. I wanted a say in my own life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit