Why is the New World Translation inaccurate/not reliable?

by XPeterX 31 Replies latest social humour

• Pterist
    Pterist

Great work jgnat

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wasn't hard, pterist. The NWT is now downloadable to my e-sword software. I simply did a word search, and presto.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Jgnat *** Wasn't hard, pterist. The NWT is now downloadable to my e-sword software. *******

Courageous lady, I did not want to infect my new iPad, with such a download LOL

• Pterist
    Pterist

Jeremiah 25:29

Here is a response from a current JW in good standing on the rendering of Jeremiah 25:29:

To Pterist: About Jeremiah 25:29. I don’t think the NWT is less competent about the translation of that text than any other translation. The issue here is the interpretation of the text. Those who use Jeremiah 25:29 the way they do to prove their case could do the same using other translations. That doesn’t mean I agree with their case. The issue here is if the NWT is purposedly twisting the spirit of the original Hebrew text. I don’t think it is. However it is translated in the most convenientway that the Hebrew text allows … but that doesn’t make it any less competent, IMHO

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/244287/3/Greetings-from-a-new-member

• Ding
    Ding

Romans 6:6-7: "For we know that our old self was crucified wiith him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves
    to sin-- 7 because anyone who has died has been freed from sin." (NIV)

NWT renders verse 7: "For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin."

The context of the passage is that a person who has died with Christ has been freed from being enslaved by sin in this life.

The NWT makes it sound like we are declared not guilty of our sins when we die physically.

• Hillary
    Hillary

Ephesians 6:4 was changed and this verse in the NWT reflects blatant mind control. It uses the words "mental regulating"

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Romans 10 is, to me, one of the big ones.

Paul cleary states that Jesus is Lord and to proclaim him as such is to be saved:

8 But what does it say? “ The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart ”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

He continues and states:

. 11 For the Scripture says, “ Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed .” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for “ Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved .”

Making it clear that the name one is to call on to be saved is the Name of Jesus.

BUT the NWT takes the verse in question that is from the prophet Joel and, disreagrd the contect of what Paul said and was proclaiming ( that salvation is in Jesus' name) and they state:

Whoever will call on the name of Jehovah wil be saved.

A blatant attempt to undermine Paul's writings and using the pretext of an OT verse to do it.

Funny thing is that, reading it their way, it seems that the NWT is imply that Jesus is Jehovah, LOL !

• Pterist
    Pterist

The WBTS always seem to err on declaring the FULL benefits from the death and resurrection I.E. the RANSOM, of our Lord and Saviour, To the point where they are found to be consistant with what the apostle Peter stated at 2 Peter 2:1

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—

• glenster
    glenster

What I have is on p.6b of "Glenster's Guide to GTJ Brooklyn," my walk-through
    for the GB game:
    http://glenster1.webs.com/gtjbrooklyn6b.htm

• erbie
    erbie

I always thought it should be re-written in English.

That, at least, would make it more readable!

Very poorly written :(

But then, what do you expect from those morons?

A work of literature?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit