im puzzled fds change!

by unstopableravens 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

the annual meeting was oct 6 2012 its jan 2013, the "new light" came out publicly on nov 7? i think how in the world can three months go by and still not everyone knows about this? when is it going to come out in magizine form? how can a religion who prides itself on unity if thought go so long with half believing one thing and half the other about who the fds is? and when they started,and when they are over all the belongings? this makes no sense.

• cedars
    cedars

Well observed unstopableravens. I wrote two articles on this very subject...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/jehovah-now-uses-the-internet-to-dispense-new-spiritual-food

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/why-is-gods-earthly-organization-so-slow

Cedars

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

"Soon".

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ill check them out mr cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yeah, they obviously did it this way for a reason. But what that could possibly be remains unclear. This is of course not surprising because their teachings are all a muddled mass of opaque obtuseness.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Probably most don't care. They are so simplistic in their knowledge: 1. God's name Jehovah (therefore, this makes them feel they are now of the smartest people on earth) 2. New World is coming "soon" (this interprets to them that that could be today or someday soon, or after they die - which they don't really want to consider as possible). 3. The Watchtower is "the truth" no matter what,,even if wrong they will wait on Jehovah/GB to correct it - eventually.

• Ding
    Ding

This change is embarrassing, so they want to introduce it with as little fanfare as possible.

I think they make such changes as quietly as possible for the same reason that politicians always release negative or controversial "news dumps" on weekends so they can get it out there with no one noticing or caring.

That way, when someone starts objecting to the change in teaching, it will be dismissed as "old news."

Having released the FDS change unobtrusively, the GB hopes to control the reaction later.

When some JW finds out and is upset by the change, the elders can say, "Brother, don't you study the Watchtower? This has been discussed as far back as (date)."

They check, and -- sure enough -- there is it in the literature.

The JW then feels guilty and embarrassed for not keeping up with "the truth" and shuts up.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

all true, but none the less sad. its what happens when you dont stick to gods word(and yes i say gods word athiest) lol dont beat me up cant leave lol

• Ding
    Ding

To illustrate the point I made above, check out Caleb Airplane's thread that discusses this article from a recent Watchtower.

"Is Your Teaching Up-To-Date?" (see illustration on page 9)

By augmenting daily Bible reading with careful personal study, we will be able to help others walk in ever-increasing light that Jehovah sheds on his written Word. -Prov. 4:18.

In other words, every change the GB publishes is "ever-increasing light", and if you don't keep up with it, it's YOUR fault.

Note the thought control:

The possibility that the change is evidence that the GB makes this stuff up as it goes along and changes it when necessary isn't considered...

• sd-7
    sd-7
    "Is Your Teaching Up-To-Date?" (see illustration on page 9)

The fact that the new teaching on the 'faithful and discreet slave' was not mentioned amongst these 'up-to-date' teachings is an indication that the Society probably intends to have a more thorough discussion on this subject in the near future. Given that the subject required SIX talks at the Annual Meeting, if I recall correctly, I would expect this would require a lengthy Watchtower Study covering it in specific detail for the rest of the JWs. Either that, or a Questions From Readers section on it.

It's a case of needing to 'wait on [the Writing Committee]' to provide further 'instruction' on the matter...

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit