WT to Brethren: "Are you still spreading our recently exposed lies that we were forced to change to save ourselves from utter embarassment? (Watchtower -April 15, 2013 page 9)

by Calebs Airplane 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Of course, that question was softened up and changed to:

"Is Your Teaching Up-To-Date?" (see illustration on page 9)

This illustration's footer ends with this "enlightening" note:

By augmenting daily Bible reading with careful personal study, we will be able to help others walk in ever-increasing light that Jehovah sheds on his written Word. -Prov. 4:18.

I don't know if I can stomach any more of this bull shit.

CA

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Do they give examples of the up to date teachings ? I do so love to see what they are........this week.

I'll compare them with next weeks when they happen, or do they change quicker than weekly now ?

• cantleave
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It's funny how when your in the religion, this stuff seems legit and reasonable, but when your out it just seems entirely ridiculous.

Jehovah sheds ever increasing light on his word. Why doesn't he just turn the friggin lights ON

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

"Is Your Teaching Up-To-Date?"

A list of current teachings the JWs know about:

Paradise Earth

Everlasting life

No more Satan or 'baddies'

No trinity

144,000 go to heaven

Other religions are false

Do MORE. Do MORE!

WORSHIP THE GOVERNING BODY (They are higher than God)

ABOVE ALL PROTECT PAEDOPHILES!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@2+2=5

I don't think I'm unique - I'm still in, and I can see how a lot of it is "ridiculous". I think you're being very lenient using that word - I can't imagine Christ using it when he judges!!

The word 'blasphemy' pops into my mind quite a lot!

• eyesropen323
    eyesropen323

what i find very ridiculous is there are ppl who stay in jw's for 'structure' and keep their children in it but know full well that its all a bunch of BS...They say that they are not brainwashed but i differ on that assessment....sorry...i just needed to vent.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Now they are drilling down to the faithful the 'ever-increasing light' (?) , lest they forget: up-to-date = overlap

Yet they used to say this:

If we were to fear the arrival of Jehovah’s day with all its awesome accompaniments, we would not be awaiting it and keeping it close in mind, but would be wishing to postpone it into the indefinite future beyond our lifetime, beyond “this generation.”

The Watchtower 1975, 12/15 p. 752 par. 2

Q.: Isn't that exactly what the FDS/GB has done with the new theology?

• undercover
    undercover

By augmenting daily Bible reading with careful mind control techniques, we will be able to help others fall for, and obey, the ever-increasing nonsense that the WTS sheds through their propaganda publications.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Exactly Bats,

I can't help but remember how often I would hear out of a

sisters mouth about how she could'nt wait until the end comes

she prayed and dreamed everyday for the end to come

Now the WTS is tellin' her to dream on

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit