I've just been 'Outted' by my own sister

by Newly Enlightened 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• 00DAD
    00DAD

By this all will know you are my disciples, if you have love among yourself ... and absolutely obey everything I say without question! - GB 13:35

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

This is so sad! Astonishing how this religion can make perfectly nice people do evil things.

Is there any way you could have your Mom live with you? Even part time, like 6 months out of the year? No one has the right to keep parents and children apart, esp. when the parent is older. Was it the Awake or WT that had an article a while back that said something about religion should not break families up? If you could get a copy of that, perhaps you could show it to her, and ask why she is not following the wt advice? You sister would probably monitor any cell phone you gave your Mom.

And please make sure no one knows about your nephew asking your daughter questions! Perhaps he can be saved from this lousy group.

All the best to you.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Thank you all. This is where my true friends and family are. It was an Awake article and I have it. Since my daughter has pre-paid legal she is going to call them and ask if we have any recourse. Maybe a nice letter from a lawyer reminding them of the laws we have in this country regarding keeping my mom prisoner in a cult

I did tell my mom the last time I talked to her, that I have a spare room that she can come live with me. But she has decided to stay in CO with the true apostate and stay in the JW org.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Newly Enlightened, I'm sorry that your sister is being such a pain to you. The other posters have made great suggestions.

The only new suggesion that I can give you is buy your mother a present of a Kindle, iPad, or tablet to "help her in her field service (an excuse)" and save Steve Hassan's e-book "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs" on it. Also, show or write her how to read e-books, email and/or text you, and how to search the internet.

Your daughter could send you nephew Steve Hassan's e-book to if he has a Kindle, iPad, or tablet, and send links to your nephew like www.jwfacts.com, JWN, www.freedomofmind.com, and other exJW sites.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Wow! That story exactly sounds like what is happening right now with my family.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

If they are forbidding her to see you, call adult protective services and report them. AND call the elders and tell them you want it fixed, pronto.

• clarity
    clarity

Wow ...are there still jws sitting at the kingdom hall....

seems they are all coming here!!!!!!!

>

Seriously so nice to see people waking-up & getting out!

>

Welcome Newly Enlightend & Gojira_101.

>

In time your mom's circumstance will change Newly...

maybe the best thing will be to exit completely first

and start living a 'normal' happy life.

Your sister may start to change her views as she sees this.

>

Great advice about providing mom with a 'computer',

btw how old is she? In good health?

Best wishes

clarity

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Don't bombard your mom with "how evil this is and that is" - just reason with her very gently on 'What the Bible Really Teaches'.

Vilifying "the org" might only strengthen the accusation that you are "an apostate", and proof that she should keep away from you.

Read Hebrews 4:12, and apply that to your situation!

WCL.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Unbelievable. Sorry to hear it.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Thank you all for the great suggestions. My mom is 75 and in good health. She has her own computer but my sis is monitoring her e-mail account. My mom called yesterday and told me that she will contact me if she needs too, but she is going to stay with JW's.

What really pisses me off, is that they accused me of becoming an apostate and disassociating myself. I did NOT write a letter and give it to the elders, so they're basing this only on me saying that I was inactive and quietly wanted to 'fade' away.

Really sad & pathetic of how WTS has all the R&F buffaloed. I really wish that this evil organization would get exposed for who they really are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit