My Story

by nolongerconfused 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome. I understand from your story that you don't attend the memorial any more. How are your family about that?

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome. Thanks for sharing your experience.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Thanks for the post! I share many of the same things that you've expressed and experienced. A couple of years ago I took the WT's advice to examine the society's history ("our spiritual heritage") and to read the bible daily....and it really rattled my cage! I searched the history of the org and it's leaders through the WT library cd and wikipedia...then to many other sources. It's an ongoing process that foregrounds self examination and honesty!

It takes time. If you are still in "good standing" be very careful about sharing your new found insights...

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

WELCOME!!!

• Thor
    Thor

Hello and welcome nolongerconfused!

It's amazing to me how many people realize that the WBTS is not the "truth" when they start really reading the bible.

I wish you well!!

Love, Mrs. Thor

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome to your new obsession, JWN.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome nolongerconfused to JWN. Jgnat asked you a good question about how your family feels about your beliefs. I encourage you to do as much independent research as you can about the WTBTS and post frequently on JWN to help you to control your feelings. You can start researching the WTBTS on www.jwfacts.com, wikipedia.org, and you can research about organizations like the WTBTS on www.freedomofmind.com.

Have you read any of Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones to Leave Controlling People, Cults, and Organizations") or visited his website ? If you have not read any of Hassan's books and own a Kindle, you can buy the "Freedom of Mind" as an e-book on Amazon.com. You should read Steve Hassan's books to help you communicate with your JW family and Friends and to help you heal also.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

P.S. - If JWs ask, "you where else will you go?" You should has them don't they mean "To whom"? (refer to John 6:60-70 below)

John 6:60-70 (1984 NIV Bible)
    Many Disciples Desert Jesus

60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”

61 Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit [e] and life. 64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. 65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

67 “You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve.

68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

70 Then Jesus replied, “Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!” 71 (He meant Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, who, though one of the Twelve, was later to betray him.)

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome, NLC! We're all on the same journey you are on, ready and willing to lend you a hand.

• GoodGuyGreg
    GoodGuyGreg

It's amazing what you can learn when you read the Bible as you would another book. That turned my world view upside down.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Welcome nolongerconfused. Couldn't agree with you more when you said ...

I'm truly against monthly time reports

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit