Something weird from my mom

by doublelife 20 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

transhuman68: I thought the same thing when I opened my email. Yay for the internet!

MrFreeze: Yeah, I remember my mom saying when I was a child that other religions read the Watchtowers and steal the info to present it to their church as their own findings. lol

Scully: "Since when does Truthâ„¢ need a lie to back it up?" Love this.

Billy: Maybe I should reassure her that noone was harmed? lol

jwfacts: My mom, and the rest of the JWs in my family, already knows that I celebrate bdays. I don't hind it anymore because I want her to know it and to see that I'm having fun. Anything I don't want her to see I just block it from her.

yadda yadda 2: Yeah, except she got to have bday fun when she was growing up. Her parents aren't JWs. I have to admit I'm a little resentful of that.

00DAD: I'd love too, but I'm really not up for starting an argument with her.

Vidiot: That's true too. I think it's a little of both.

Think About It: If only they thought about that.

Found Sheep: Oh, yes. I did. It was the first time we saw each other in 13 years. When we were 17, I cut off our friendship because she decided to become worldly.

tiki: I though about that too, but she knows I don't believe in the bible anymore, so it doesn't matter where the source comes from if she's trying to convince me that the bible condemns bdays.

Jim_TX: I agree that would not be a good responce and that it's a no-win situation. If I send her something, it'll just cause an argument. It's really starting to make me mad that she can send whatever she wants to me, but if I send her something, she'll threaten to shun me if I don't stop being an apostate.

ruderedhead: That would be a source that she'll look at, but her brain will only see that parts that support her believes, and the parts that won't will be lies from Satan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit