how do you feel when you see JWs door-to-door?

by love2Bworldly 22 Replies latest jw friends

• trujw
    trujw

One more sorry about my comment I . We are all brave for the stand we have made please forgive

• trujw
    trujw

Thank you just did

• finally awake
    finally awake

I haven't seen any groups out in field circus since I left, but I'm not home during the day. Just Ron said that the local dubs stopped by once. The lead sister was one of the few that I would bother to speak to now, she made some sort of comment about working the territory we live in and that she didn't want to skip over us. The other sister with her is the daughter of the elder that beat my 2 year old while he was babysitting him. I wouldn't spit on her if she was on fire.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I haven't attended a meeting since April 2003 and have only encountered JW's working door to door ONCE.

Evidently the JW who came to my door with a 'memorial' invitation several years ago hadn't been told that

a member of the 'evil slave class' lived here.

I asked him to explain how Acts chapter 15 proves there was a central authority (GB) in the first

century. His beaming smile went south in a hurry when I asked him WHO sent Paul to Jerusalem and

WHY did they send Paul to Jerusalem (Because some instigators had come into Antioch preaching apostate ideas to

the Gentile Christians).

He must have figured out I knew too much about JW's when I used the word "apostate" because he turned

around and hit the road Running like he had seen satan in the flesh.

• Ticker
    Ticker

I feel compassion for them being that they are mislead just as Jesus had pity for ones in similar situations and I pray for them. My hope would be that they would knock on my door and I could have the chance to share the real gospel with them. I also hope that the ones they engage in conversation are not mislead as well.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

If I see them, I feel sorry for them. I always wonder if they know there is something wrong but are trapped in the religion.

Since I moved to my new place we only had them stop once and that was during their assembly invitation campaign. They left it in the door. I don't even think they knocked. I see them street witnessing more than anything else. Street witnessing on near-empty streets using the pioneer shuffle. Really sad. Wasting their time serving an organization that doesn't care about them.

• moshe
    moshe

I saw some JWs in my neighborhood a few years ago. Knowing how the want to talk to people, I joined them and walked with them, all the while elucidating the old WT teachings of 1925 (millions now living will never die) and the 1975 debacle. For some reason they all got upset and decided to run away that day.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

(Geez Moshe, I wonder why they ran away lol) I feel pity for them. What a waste of time. If all those hours were put into real community service they could do a lot of tangible good.

• Ticker
    Ticker

Moshe your experience reminds me of this youtube video I watched some time ago.

Francis Chan Meets some Jehovah's Witnesses

• free2beme
    free2beme

Fortunate to no longer be among them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit