How did you feel making your first post here?

by cognac 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Afraid of Jehovah striking you down for posting on here? As if he even knows...

He doesn't even know that hurricanes and tornados destroy cities, how would he know what goes on here.

He doesn't know those things because if he did, he would stop them.

I was more afraid of you all.

• ndmom73
    ndmom73

Since my first post was today I can tell you that I was mostly happy to be able finally share my experience with others who will "get it." But since it has been so long, 20+ yrs, since I left JW's there was no fear. Although I must admit that I still have trepediation about referring to them as JW's! lol Mostly I felt hope that maybe some of my story might help someone to at least decide for themselves what is best for them instead of just going along with something that doesn't feel right based solely on fear.

But I do remember that fear from when I first left the cult. I was 17yrs old and dating my soon to be husband. His niece was getting baptized at a Catholic church and I was invited to be part of it. I wanted to be there but I still remember the complete fear in the pit of my stomach that Jehovah was going to strike me dead for entering a Catholic church. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I was amazed that I made it out of there alive! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit