My cat is a microcosmic allagoric example of the struggle of leaving the cults

by thecrushed 11 Replies latest jw friends

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Here is a little story for you. I have a cat that has always been a little feral and doesn't get along with the other cats socially. One of my cats decided he was going to bully this poor guy and worry him sick. We did everything to help him but his health started to fail. He began having bladder infections and his skin started to scale up and it was just horrible suffering for this little guy. After many vet visits, head scratching, and him nervous pooping on the couch instead of the litter box I decided it was either euthanize or make him an outside kitty. This cat was deathly afraid of the outdoors. I threw him outside and of course he made the most god awful noises for about a day and then he vanished for a week. He finally reappeared and we fed him and then tried to let him back inside. Guess what! he refused and made just as much a fuss about going back in as he did trying to throw him out! Now his bladder infections are gone and the scaly skin has now turned into silky fur. My neighbor reports that he is a skilled hunter and even leaps in the air and snatchs birds right out of bird feeders.

I think the point is obvious that this is allagory for what happens on a more complex human scale as we try to leave the cults. My cat has reached his full potential as a hunter and is very happy by being forced to face the unknown. Food for thought I think.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Food for thought I think.'

Definitely. Reminds me of something i heard om tv (occasionally, there is something good interspersed between the commercials). The guy said to the less experienced person to the affect that she reminded him of a bird that had fallen out of its nest. Rather than putting her back in the nest, he would teach her to fly.

S

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Thanks for that. So, basically, you will fare better with a bladder infection in the wilderness than in your home. ok. food for thought. so, i just hope if you ever should have a bad stomach flu and you have a poopy accident, your spouse doesn't throw you out so you can reach your full potential!!!

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

rip van winkle I think the whole problem was psychological and it can manifest physically given enough abuse. I'm not saying that this is the solution for a bladder infection LOL

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Is your cat a manx ?

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

he is a long haired tabby that came from a crazy feral mother. He has been skitish all his life.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

thecrushed-you're right. i have issues that i'm working out.I feel like i am the feral cat that was tossed out into the wilderness and now i'm left defenseless because i was declawed. also, i forgot to put the lol after my rant. sorry.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I'm getting my claws back and my coat is now nice and shiny!

• Heaven
    Heaven

If you've ever had a bladder infection, take my advice and get some antibiotics. Peein' razor blades ain't fun at all.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I think people are missing the point of the story and to make it crystal clear we had his bladder infection cleared up before I threw him out. The point is he never got another one and his skin cleared up too. It was stress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit