No real friendship in JW's NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE WENT THRU!!!

by darth frosty 17 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

loz - If it's conditional, it ain't love.

wannabefree - you have a PM

• clarity
    clarity

" If your best friend moves to a neighbouring congregation

in very little time you will have nothing to do with him"

>

NVL ..... this is so weirdly true! Never could figure it out.

>

Even when a congregation splits up ... with 2 'bunches'

sharing the same hall ... same thing!

We didn't even phone one another anymore! CRAZY.

>

Loz .......... no truer words were spoken .... it really stinks!

clarity

• designs
    designs

I had a jw call me whom I haven't spoken with in over 7 years, he had a business question, no how are ya just a business question and suddenly in a brief 2 minute call he mentions the world not being around in 10 years Huh? Hit me out of the blue, I forgot how indoctrinated that is in their minds, lol.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Most but not all of the jws I grew up with are still in, and won't talk to me.

My best friend (since we were 6 years old) left the organization long before I did. I was an only child, and she was the sister I never had. I never shunned her, though I was pressured by my (now x)husband to do so. We have been best friends for 54 years..

Some friendships are real, and can survive the organizaton. Clearly the exception, not the rule, however.

Coffee

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Designs, I had the same experience when a brother called me from across the world only to ask where was the DC was being held in my area because a sister from his congregation was traveling abroad with her unbelieving husband and she didn't want to miss the convention. I used to work with this brother and since he moved away over ten years ago we hadn't spoken. The conversation was limited to answering his question and he was in a hurry to hang up without sharing any news about his family. Last week I received another call from a brother I haven't spoken with for 15 years...all he was interested in was for me to get him a deal for equipment to be used in a new assenbly hall. I feel so loved by the brotherhood...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

You have to remember that they're still drinking the Kool Aid. It twists an otherwise normal and loving person into a stressed-out, paranoid, lifeless drone. They live to chase the carrot and fear the stick. I know the anger and frustration that comes with dealing with those still trapped inside, but mostly I pity them.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

whats weird to me, is that even when dubs see a terrible situation, they don't call anyone on it. They just take it. It's so sick

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Giving it a bit more thought, JWs don't understand what real friendships are supposed to be about. The organization and "Jehovah" intrude right into the bedroom of a husband and wife, so how can they have any real, trusting friendships.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit