"We have truly seen Jehovah's hand" - the shocking side of Watchtower propaganda

by cedars 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Cedars, Very nice. Keep up the good work ... and thanks again for all of your efforts.

• Afrikana
    Afrikana

Its true that as in most parts of Africa, English isn't their first language,probably not even their second. ..in any case, the English spoken there is different and in no way reflects on their level of education or lack of it.

Interestingly, it reported here on JWN only a few months ago that over twenty JWs lost their lives while obediently making their way to a convention riding on the back of a truck. .I doubt the Society would say their obedience cost these dear brothers their lives..

• FrenchFreeJW
    FrenchFreeJW

Good stuff, Cedar!

Where is the Jehovah's hand is this case :

A FAITHFUL FAMILY

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/302009002#p175

About the kind of awful propaganda that you denounce, what do you think of this "news" from JW.org : http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/world/saved-from-suicide/ .

What about the ex JW which committed suicide because of "shunning" policy ?

Thank you again for you valuable work

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Excellent article Cedars,

I read some of the FB comments and was shocked by the lack of empathy towards the victims. The other thing that struck me is that all comments are clichés taken right out of a WT publication and spewed without any thought given to them...they all sound like mindless clones. As soon as one comment calls them to reason they automatically deduct that their are facing an apostate...even when what is said is scripturally correct.

Afrikana, thanks for your comment...I was just researching this event that occured in Nigeria early November. There has been several other tragedies affecting JWs during 2012 including the murder of a young married sister in Oregon by a neighbour JW who raped her before shooting her. I also read the story of JWs from Texas that were in field service when their car mysteriously speed off and landed upside down in a ditch drowning all 4...

I would be interested to hear JWs answer the following questions: How does Jehovah choose amongst his faithful servants who he protects vs who he allows to die? Isn't he an impartial god? If the family that survived for being at the Kingdom Hall had been visiting the shopping mall or had been at the beach instead, would they have still survived? Does their survival have anything to do with where they were or where they weren't? What about all their neighbours that survived but do not go to the Kingdom Hall? Who saved them? If they were at their church, should they now never forsake their gathering of worshippers of false religion? The "Bible teach" book clearly says Jehovah does not intervene in the favour of humans because this may lead people to believe that Satan's world can succeed...So when JWs die in a tragedy it is seen as unforseen events...but when they survive it is seen like divine intervention...which is it...

• clarity
    clarity

"the true purpose behind the article was achieved."

>

You can almost feel the Mission Acomplished noteof this!

>

Must be a lot of 'HIGH FIVES' going on amongst the

INNER CIRCLE in Brooklyn NY!

>

Thanks Cedars

clarity

• blondie
    blondie

God’s people – individuals protected or only “as a group”

***w09 3/15 p. 26 par .8***

Because of obeying such commands, God’s servants on earth today now number some seven million. Who can deny that his people have become “mighty in the earth”? (John 10:16; Rev. 7:9, 14) And how “blessed” they will yet be as God carries out his purpose! As a group, those with an earthly hope will be preserved through the coming “great tribulation” to form “a new earth” in which “righteousness is to dwell.”

*** w08 9/15 p. 9***What About Physical Protection?

8 As individuals, we know that our immediate physical protection is not guaranteed. We take the position expressed by the three faithful Hebrews who refused to bow down to King Nebuchadnezzar’s image of gold. Those God-fearing young men did not presume that Jehovah would miraculously protect them from physical harm. (Read Daniel 3:17, 18.) As matters turned out, Jehovah did deliver them from the flames of the fiery furnace. (Dan. 3:21-27) Even in Bible times, however, miraculous deliverance was the exception rather than the rule. Many faithful servants of Jehovah died at the hands of opposers.—Heb. 11:35-37.

9 What about today? As “the Provider of escape,” Jehovah certainly can deliver individuals from perilous situations. Can we definitively say whether Jehovah did or did not intervene in specific cases? No. Still, an individual who has escaped a dangerous situation may feel that Jehovah intervened. It would be presumptuous for others to take issue with his feeling. At the same time, we must realistically acknowledge that many faithful Christians have died as a result of persecution, as was the case during the Nazi era. Others have died under tragic circumstances. (Eccl. 9:11) We might ask, ‘Did Jehovah fail to be “the Provider of escape” for faithful ones whose lives were cut short?’ That could hardly be the case.

*** w08 9/15 p. 10 par. 14 Jehovah Is “the Provider of Escape” for Us ***

To highlight such spiritual protection, recall the parents mentioned at the outset of the preceding article. A few days after their daughter, Theresa, was reported missing, they received devastating news: She had been murdered. The father recalls: “I had prayed for Jehovah to protect her. When she was found murdered, I must admit that I initially wondered why my prayers were not answered. Of course, I know that Jehovah does not guarantee miraculous protection for his people individually. I continued to pray for understanding. I have been comforted in the knowledge that Jehovah protects his people spiritually—that is, he provides what we need in order to safeguard our relationship with him. That type of protection is most important, for it can affect our eternal future. In that sense, Jehovah did protect Theresa; she was serving him faithfully at the time of her death. I have found peace in knowing that her future life prospects are in his loving hands.”

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

One of the commenters on that page was Keisha Dj-Bubblelic Ious-Stith. She wrote on facebook about the plane wreck: " This is truly a lesson in obedience. This family clearly understood Jehovah’s instructions about not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together. This clearly served as a protection in more ways than just one!"

Interesting thing is she is a dee jay and here is one of her profile pix along with an ad for one of her events:

The first pic below looks like she is getting ready to give someone a lesson in obedience

Don't forget F'Him Girl Friday. It is right between ministry school Thursday and service Saturday.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

As with all JW facebook pages, they are all just pat ourselves on the back and beatdown as apostate anyone who does not spew the same regurgatated phrases.

It seems from facebok too that the african JWs dont obey the GB and get off facebook...

Oz

• designs
    designs

20 or 200 die in some accident and a few survive and its always the hand of God at work. Not to worry folks God zapped the dead to heaven or will recreate them in the new system. Weird just weird.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

If a plane crashed into a kingdom hall..would that be an act of satan trying to bring down Jehovers rightous followers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit