Why 607 b.c.e. and 1914 c.e. are utterly true, correct and beyond question!

by Terry 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

If you gathered a bunch of random strangers into a room and started telling them the story of this religion from start to finish

I don't think any of them would believe you.

Not only is it just plain silly, it doesn't begin to sound like anything serious!

The plot twists are what a kid might come up with and the lame excuses hardly qualify as sober reflections a misdeeds.

No, I think the Scientology story of Xemu comes closer to reality than the JW tale of invisible Jesus and the ever elusive Armageddon scenarios.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I think the real history of the Jehovah's Witness cult... would make an excellent plot for a blockbuster comedy movie. Script would pretty much write itself. I told some of these events to my workmates at my last job... that was their feedback also.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

One of the things that helped me wake up when i was still an apologist was a conversation with my wife about how silly the Mormon beleif system was. (She dated a mormon for a while ) She then had me explain the JW belief system and history and she remarked how to her, it was just a silly as what I was mocking...and she made perfect sense while I did not.

sleepy time was coming to an end

Love the satire, I too think in many ways it helps more than long wordy explanations.

Oz

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

OZ: Exactly...excellent point.

• Terry
    Terry

South Park could have a field day with JW theology. But, JW's are so boring as people they don't have the panache that the Mormons and Scientologists have, I suppose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit