Question Directed at Religious People

by Mr. Falcon 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Okay, so I just blew the dust off my old King James and NWT.... read about Noah's curse on his son. No mention anywhere about if Ham was black, white or purple with yellow stripes. Ham could've been a 350 lb soccer hooligan from Manchester with no tan, for all we know.

C'mon religious folk. I'm not trying to fight ya. I'm not trying to lure anyone into an argument. I just am really interested in how those of faith explain this. Sab, AGuest, tec, ChristAlone...anyone? Send me a PM, so we don't start a riot.

BTW, thanks to all the religious folk who have already privately PM'd me on this issue. fascinating stuff, thank you!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Also, thank you, jgnat! very interesting info!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

prologos, I apologize, I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that you believe in God, but also believe in scientific evidence of evolution?

sorry if i'm reading you wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• prologos
    prologos

thank you both. I did not argue or imply belief in literal A&E or literal world- wide flood. Just the idea that a creationist religious? could live with the established genetic record of the races orgin and spread.

entirely possible: just for the sake of friendly argument: why do you say your typical terse "NO" to the possibility of one couple starting over again after surviving a wipeout? Even if jgnat knows there were more than two?

Take my case (hyothetical ): I come from the area smack in the middle the furthest reach of the slavic thrust west on one hand and the saxon -scandinavian -viking expansion on the other. . my wife (the anti-pode) is from the end tip arrow of one of the most geneticly diverse area in the orient with late spanish-american -japanese influence, but she is half chinese. it does not get much better than that. (Goebbel's nightmare) falcon. So: with inbreeding at the absolute minimum, why would the two of us not be a reasonable start after that super volcano or asteroid strike? or two omnivour shrews with food supply after the death of the dinosaurs?

to wit: there are some jws that I know in congregations in Houston TX, Huntsville AL , the space coast FL , Martin Marietta works that somehow sequester the bible fables in their minds and are fervent creationists, because they have to work to make things work. The mechanics? of human developments (which was the topic here) do not negate the 50% chance of creation vs the other possibility.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

A comment from my teen son: Maybe God created several different Adams and Eves and put them in different parts of the world.

I find this explanation better than Noah having sons of 3 different races. Or maybe when the whole Tower of Babel thing happened, people migrated to different parts of the world and their bodies adapted to the changes.

I'm in no way religious and I do not take the bible as the word of god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit